6 months ago
ZENETEX has become a major force in the field of aircraft maintenance. We proudly support all four branches of the military in performing Organizational, Intermediate, and Depot level aircraft, ground vehicle, and component maintenance. We employ over 800 qualified Aircraft Mechanics across the United States and overseas. We have an opportunity for an Aircraft Mechanic II, Electrician, to support our Contractor Field Team at NAS Jacksonville, FL. This position will provide Organizational (O-level) maintenance support to the HSM-60 Jaguars.
The Aircraft Electrician will be responsible for:
* Functionally testing, troubleshooting, inspecting, adjusting, and repairing the entire range of aircraft electrical systems
* Fabricating and installing aircraft wiring circuits, testing aircraft electrical and electronic circuitry, and performing final testing of related and affected electrical, and instrument systems
* Troubleshooting using wiring diagrams, modifying, and repairing complex electrical systems, components and accessories on a variety of military aircraft
* Replace defective control units, relays, boards, servo units, indicating instruments, or other components of the electrical and environmental systems
* Installing non-conventional and related electronic equipment by routing and connecting wiring to new or existing electrical or electronic systems, components, or equipment.
* Researching aircraft modification history, technical orders, engineering change proposals, and manuals concerning wire codes, wiring configuration, and testing procedures
* Assisting in the development of modifications and changes on environmental, electrical, instrument, and other integrated electrical systems
* 3+ years of related experience is required
* Experience with MH-60 aircraft or similar is preferred
* Qualified candidates will have working knowledge of electrical theory, principles, and circuitry
* General understanding of the basic principles underlying electronics
* Demonstrated knowledge of AC and DC power supplies
* Possess a basic understanding of aircraft electrical systems and their interrelationships
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Work will require a high level of hand dexterity and finger use in both hands, close vision corrected/uncorrected to 20/20, prolonged periods of standing and sitting in combination with stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, and pushing, as well as ability to lift 25lbs and over with assistance.
Work Environment (ADA)
* May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flight line that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory.
* This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.