2 months ago
ZENETEX specializes in management and technology support services for a variety of federal agencies and commercial organizations. We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced P-3C Airframe Aircraft Mechanic II, to support our O-Level Maintenance, Contractor Field Team at NAS Whidbey Island, WA. This is a contingent position - actual employment will be dictated by contract award. Candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted by a member of our recruiting team.
The Airframe Mechanic II will inspect, maintain, and repair aircraft structures, hydraulic/pneumatic systems and system components. Specific responsibilities may include:
* Performing scheduled, unscheduled, special and phase maintenance inspections.
* Performing corrosion prevention and treatment to include repainting surfaces on squadron aircraft
* Inspecting and making repairs to rubber and plastic components used in the aircraft structure.
* Cleaning, treating, priming and applying approved top coat paint surfaces to protect the body of aircraft.
* Troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and fuel system discrepancies operating the required tooling and equipment while observing safety and contamination standards.
* Performing maintenance in the removal, repair, replacement, and installation of aircraft component parts such as wings, control surfaces, access panels, landing gear doors, engine access doors/ cowlings, component rigging, and landing gear
* Operating support equipment for flight line maintenance.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* A minimum of 4 years of aviation maintenance experience, with at least 4 years of experience with the P-3 aircraft
* Possess a strong knowledge base of Maintenance Instruction Manuals (MIMs), maintenance publications, orders, and directives
* Demonstrated knowledge of fluids and gases and the principles of their use, as applicable to hydraulic/pneumatic systems
* Practical knowledge of color-coded charts of aircraft plumbing, piping, lines and electrical systems and interpretation of technical data
* Work will require a high level of hand dexterity and finger use in both hands, close vision corrected/uncorrected to 20/20, prolonged periods of standing and sitting in combination with stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, and pushing, as well as the ability to lift 25lbs and over with assistance.
Work Environment (ADA)
* May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flight line that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
* This position will require U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain a Favorable government clearance. This will require passing an in-depth background check.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.