about 1 month ago
ZENETEX specializes in management and technology support services for a variety of federal agencies and commercial organizations. We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced P-3C Aircraft Mechanic II, Aircraft Electrician (AE) to support our O-Level Maintenance, Contractor Field Team at NAS Whidbey Island, WA. This is a contingent position - actual employment will be dictated by contract award. Candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted by a member of our recruiting team.
Qualified candidates will have extensive experience with the P-3C Orion and the ability to troubleshoot malfunctions in various aircraft systems and be able to perform general Organizational Level Maintenance. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Functionally test, troubleshoot, inspect, adjust and repair the entire range of aircraft electrical systems
* Maintaining, repairing, and modifying aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty
* Providing Flight Line operations/functions
* Maintaining and repairing aircraft components including but not limited to engines, hydraulics, fuel systems and mechanical components
* Applying technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation
* Applying professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals
* High school diploma or GED required
* Demonstrated experience with P-3C Aircraft Power Distribution, Power Plants/Props, Auxiliary Power Unit (APU), and Fuel Systems electrical components
* Prior Quality Assurance Representative / Collateral Duty Inspector (QAR/CDQAR/CDI) highly desired
* A minimum of 6 years of aviation experience performing the above duties and responsibilities
* Qualified mechanics will have extensive experience with the P-3C Orion
* Requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components and of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair
* Ability to lead a team and provide appropriate guidance when required
* Work will require a high level of hand dexterity and finger use in both hands, close vision corrected/uncorrected to 20/20, prolonged periods of standing and sitting in combination with stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, and pushing, as well as ability to lift 25lbs and over with assistance.
Work Environment (ADA)
* May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flight line that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
* This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.