2 months ago
This is a Long Term Assignment to Al Udeid AB, Qatar up to 4 years. Relocation/assignment benefits to the international location will be provided.
• Performs AH-64E aircraft maintenance tasks and performs air crew-member duties as required using the QAF specific AH-64E IETM, AH-64E Operators Manual, AH-64E Maintenance Test Flight Manual, and AH-64E Check List Manual.
• Removes and installs aircraft systems and subsystem assemblies and components including engines, rotors, gearboxes, transmissions, mechanical flight controls and their components.
• Services and lubricates aircraft systems, subsystems, and components.
• Prepares aircraft for inspections and maintenance checks.
• Performs scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance actions. Uses common measuring tools, precision measuring gages and alignment fixtures.
• Performs aircraft and related components routine and special inspections.
• Performs maintenance operational checks.
• Diagnoses and troubleshoots aircraft subsystems using special tools and equipment as required.
• Uses and performs operator maintenance on tools, special tools, and Aircraft Ground Support Equipment (AGSE) and Peculiar Ground Support Equipment (PGSE).
• Prepares aircraft maintenance forms and records. Provide OJT, coaching, and mentorship to the QAF personnel in the use of all applicable technical publications, tools, test equipment, AGSE, PGSE, and special equipment applicable to the discipline of aircraft maintenance, enabling them to become effective AH-64E aircraft mechanics.
• Candidate must be able to obtain a work visa, depending on requirements of the country.
• Candidate must be able to meet the cultural requirements of the country, as applicable.
• Employment is contingent on the candidate’s ability to satisfy all labor and immigration formalities of the country.
• Because the candidate selected will be expected to go on an international assignment, the offer will be contingent upon the candidate’s ability to obtain clearances from International Health Services and the receipt of a visa/work permit to the country in which he or she will be assigned. These contingencies also apply to any/all family members who may be relocating with the candidate.
• Leads the assembly, disassembly and modification of systems by overseeing the change, removal, replacement or upgrade of aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes.
• Oversees assembly, disassembly or overhaul.
• Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment.
• Directs troubleshooting of complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components.
• Oversees validation/verification testing of systems and components.
• Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results). Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements.
• Leads and supervises others to perform tasks associated with the safe handling of an aerospace vehicle (e.g. jacking, towing, system operations).
• Provides training and mentors others. Works under minimal direction
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Mods & Maintenance
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
No Security Clearance Required
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Minimum ten (10) years aircraft mechanic/technician experience.
• Minimum five (5) years AH-64D/E helicopter maintenance experience.
• Minimum three (3) years aviation maintenance supervisory experience.
• Minimum one (1) year experience as a Flight Line Crew-chief or Flight Line Crew-chief supervisor.
• Minimum three (3) years ULLS-A(E) or a similar aviation maintenance management system proficiency.
• Successfully completed, and be qualified by the appropriate U.S. Government armed forces aircraft mechanic maintenance course or civilian equivalent training. Contractor factory training or other equivalent training by industry shall be reviewed and approved by the PCO or his/her designated representative and/or the GFR as substitute.
At the sole discretion of leadership, must be willing and able (on potentially short-notice) to deploy/travel to a variety of locations (domestic and international) and for a variety of deployment durations to meet customer needs and the statement of work. Unless compelling reasons exist, failure to deploy/travel will be considered as a resignation.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Possess the FAA, A&P certificate.
• Army Service School Instructor or civilian equivalent teaching experience for the AH-64D/E mechanics.
• Prior experience or qualified in another aviation maintenance discipline.
• Prior experience working in the Southwest Asia/desert region.
• High school diploma or GED and typically 7 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award