To be actively involved in line and base maintenance activities, as required in accordance with company procedures and under Part 145, and as delegated by the L1/L2/L3/L4 and Senior Managers.
The individual will have proven experience within the aviation industry and should have undergone some form of recognised formal training or recognised apprenticeship.
Previous experience of the following aircraft is beneficial:-
AW139, H155, S92, S76C++
As part of a wider team, the Mechanic will is responsible for conducting and maintaining high standards of aircraft maintenance and to undertake such maintenance in a safe and timely manner as appropriate to the role, and in accordance with approved data, MOE/work instructions and regulations.
The post is hand’s on and will require that the incumbent actively takes part in the aircraft maintenance. It would be beneficial if the successful person has good experience involving both line and scheduled maintenance.
Due to the nature of Corporate / Private Aviation, the mechanic will ensure that any enquiries from customers / crew are dealt with professionally and either deal with the request directly and /or liaise with the relevant internal departments to ensure that these are managed through to completion, providing regular feedback and acting when necessary as first point of contact.
The mechanic will actively be involved in both line and base maintenance and will have a pro-active and flexible approach and will at times be expected to work away from base.
Further responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to;
· Ensure the effective completion of any delegated tasks during maintenance activities.
· Ensure the allocated task is complete with the allotted time scales.
· Ensure that the completed tasks are being recorded correctly onto the worksheets and the time recording is accurate and timely.
· Ensuring that customer’s approval for the work/rectification to be carried out has been obtained and that payment terms, are agreed.
· Ensure that customer’s approval for the purchase of spare parts up to the agreed limits has been obtained.
· Liaise with other trades and departments within HAL or external Companies as necessary to initiate or complete the assigned task.
· Maintain a high standard of appearance.
· Notify the Compliance Monitoring Manager or the nominated representative of any defect or incident, which will affect the continuing airworthiness of the aircraft.
· Respond effectively to due lists highlighting, test equipment and tool calibration and or inspection validity expiry dates. In doing so has responsibility for ensuring that all test equipment and tools in use are within calibration and/or inspection validity.
· To take ownership of problems and deal with them in a professional manner.
· To assist with the training and development of the staff.
· To ensure that a safe and just culture is encouraged in the workplace.
· Ensure aircraft maintenance is kept up to date as per the due lists.
Certification and Legal Responsibilities
Be conversant with the Company Procedures and departmental Work Instruction and have a good understanding of their content and work within the boundaries of the procedures.
Ensure all work carried out by staff under their supervision comply with the Regulatory Authority and Company Procedures in force at the time of the work carried out.
The successful candidate will have a 5 year checkable work history together with a full clean driving licence.
Please state your current salary and benefits package with your application.