Amentum is currently seeking a qualified Technician at our Virginia Beach, Virigina Site.
Quality Assurance Representative monitors and evaluates all maintenance actions to ensure safe and reliable aircraft are provided in accordance with current technical manuals, directives, and instructions applicable to the maintenance program. Monitor safety, conduct surveillance / spot checks and work center audits as directed by the Quality Assurance Manager and contract requirements. Quality Control / Quality Assurance Inspectors will be under the direct supervision of the Quality Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors contract compliance by all maintenance activities through the audit and surveillance requirements as defined in the Quality Assurance Manual and CNAF 4790.2 instruction.
- Assists in the drafting and development of work instructions, maintenance instructions, local maintenance requirement cards, and routine and continuing correspondence to all work centers detailing maintenance and program procedures and requirements.
- Operates NALCOMIS OOMA data base information system and deals with the customer in courteous, professional, and effective manner.
- Complies with Foreign Object Damage (FOD), Hazardous waste, Egress Familiarization, Hydraulic Contamination, Oil Surveillance, tool control, and other NAMPSOP programs.
- Have in depth knowledge of CNAFINST 4790.2 (series), ISO 9110, and Amentum Quality Assurance procedures. - Have as a thorough knowledge of aircraft engines, flight controls, airframe, and accessories.
- Possess in depth knowledge of applicable maintenance / technical manuals and publications, technical directives, safety procedures, ground
support equipment and special tools.
may work in aircraft maintenance hangar or outside, m may be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
Aircraft maintenance shops, hangars, and flightline.
- Five (5) or more years general experience in aircraft maintenance One (1) year as a QAR as defined in the COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 (series).
- Satisfactory completion of U.S. Armed Forces aircraft mechanic and/or airframe courses or F.A.A. airframe and power plant technical schools.
- F.A.A. A & P license is preferred.
- Must have Valid Driver’s license and able to meet any Government / Company licensing / qualification requirements for the position.
- Completion of NALCOMIS (Optimized) OMA Quality Assurance Administration course (C-555*****).
- Must have completed Aviation Corrosion Control Course N-701***** OR C-600*****.
- Must be able to obtain an approved status from the Contractor Verification system which includes a 7 year background check and obtain a Security Clearance for Public Trust
- Must have the ability to research, read and interpret drawings.
- Should be a self-motivator and work with minimum supervision.
- Must be familiar with the Naval Aviation Maintenance Discrepancy Reporting Program or Joint Discrepancy Reporting System.
- Must have the knowledge and proficiency to operate the NALCOMIS OOMA data base information system.
- Must be able to write with clarity and technical accuracy.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of applicable contractual performance work requirements.
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and communicate the English language and to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Prior U.S. Navy aviation experience on F/A-18 aircraft highly preferred.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Looking for Aircraft Mechanic jobs in UK?
Browse hundreds of latest Aircraft Mechanic vacancies updated daily on one of the UK's top aviation job sites. Aviation Job Search prides itself in helping thousands of people build their Aircraft Mechanic careers in UK.
Click below link to browse other Aircraft Mechanic opportunities in UK:
View all Aircraft Mechanic Jobs
If you're an employer looking for Aircraft Mechanic recruitment, get in touch with us by clicking on the link below:
Hire Aircraft Mechanic Now