7 months ago
Aircraft Maintenance Technician - Central California ($8K Roamer Stipend + $5K Signing Bonus)
1 month ago(1/18/2019 5:42 AM)
iCIMS Requisition ID
# of Openings
Job Families (Portal Searching)
Enjoy an additional $8,000 per year on top of your base pay
in our Float/Roamer AMT Positions!!
The Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) is responsible for the daily airworthiness and safety of Company operated aircraft and articles as assigned in accordance with REACH Air Medical Services, LLC policies and procedures.
This positon will service two (2) base locations regularly in the Central California region, and will occasionally cover bases outside of the immediate territory as company needs demand. The AMT supports all REACH departments to ensure safe and efficient high quality patient transports.
* Valid and Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certificate required.
* Previous experience working under CFR Parts 135 and 145 preferred.
* Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations, and of EMS aviation practices and requirements preferred.
* Maintenance experience on the Bell 407, Airbus H125 and H135, and Beechcraft B200 aircraft preferred.
* Avionics troubleshooting knowledge and basic electrical repair experience required.
* Aircraft systems knowledge required.
* Aircraft records systems knowledge required.
* Aircraft maintenance planning experience required.
* Must be able to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and technical publications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
* May occasionally travel to other REACH out bases to assist in maintenance events or support operations.
* Strong work ethic and initiative with an ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime and 24/7 on-call rotations.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
* Proficient in a dynamic computerized environment to include Microsoft Office Suite, web-based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, internet, etc.
* Must possess basic aircraft mechanic tools and maintain accountability of personally owned tools in accordance with REACH policies.
* Three (3) years turbine powered helicopter or fixed-wing maintenance experience required.
* Ability to plan and coordinate scheduled and preventative maintenance plan and forecast aircraft downtime in coordination with Regional Maintenance Manager.
* Responsible for validating the aircraft Status Reports for aircraft assigned.
* Responsible for advising the Pilot in Command (PIC) of any maintenance issues that would take an aircraft out of service.
* Request aviation parts and supplies in order to maintain an adequate and orderly inventory.
* Valid Driver’s License in State where employed and proof of liability insurance.
* Effectively able to communicate with the base crew including medical staff, pilots, and the leadership team.
* Must be willing to travel up to 75% of the time to field base locations for maintenance support, as directed. Travel may be required anywhere within the REACH Air Medical Services system.
* Must be able to adapt to a new location with limited knowledge of the surrounding area.
* Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, repairs and alterations in accordance with maintenance procedures, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FAA), company policies and procedures, in a timely manner, with a high standard of safety and quality.
* Ensures all aircraft maintenance record entries are executed and submitted in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies and procedures and applicable maintenance manuals.
* Participates in company programs to ensure continuous process improvement including but not limited to the ASAP/MSAP Program, Safety and Risk program, and the Continuing Analysis and Surveillance System.
* Maintains, monitors and is accountable for fuel equipment, aircraft parts, tools, supplies and ground support equipment in accordance with REACH Air Medical Services, LLC. General Operations Manual, as required.
* Acts as support for other mechanics when parts and additional maintenance resources are required.
* Supports all REACH Bases/Departments with professionalism.
* Interacts on a regular basis with all Shop AMT’s, all Base AMT’s, aircraft maintenance company representatives, FAA, and others as required.
* Serves as a role model to other AMT’s.
* Works on special projects as required.
REACH offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan. We also offer a flexible paid-time-off program and voluntary supplemental life insurance packages.
REACH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).