10 months ago
Pegasus Aviation Services, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Akima LLC, is a leading provider of maintenance, passenger, ramp, and cargo services to the global aviation industry. Headquartered in the crossroads of the world – Anchorage, AK – Pegasus serves air carriers from around the world, promptly and efficiently. We are The Solution.
Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (AMT) are responsible for performing high quality routine and non-routine maintenance for various types of aircraft. AMT’s must be licensed and certified with preference given for experience on any Transport Category Aircraft; B-777, B-787, B-737, B-747-400, B-767 and/or Airbus 319/320/321 aircraft experience and qualifications.
The Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) position is a technical services position whose work routine varies while following strict safety and set procedures. It generally functions under supervisory direction or guidance of the Maintenance Duty Manager.
• Various line maintenance related services of Transport Category aircraft
• Inspect and perform or supervise transit aircraft activity, non-routine and routine line maintenance activities
• Inspect, service, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair aircraft airframes and engines
• Accomplish removal and replacement of defective parts to include final operational checks
• Accomplish aircraft system testing and troubleshooting procedures
• Operate all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment
• Complete all required maintenance records in an accurate and timely manner
• Interpret technical manuals, engineering drawings, blueprints and schematics
• Operate all related ground handling equipment utilized to service the aircraft
• Present a clean and neat work area to our customers
• Support all company policies and safety programs to include AS9100, OSHA and EPA guidelines
• Performing tasks in a fast paced environment
• Professional appearance and attitude
• Candidate must be reliable and dependable
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and Manager
• Attention to detail and excellent customer service absolutely essential for success
• Possess a valid FAA Aircraft Maintenance Technician license with an Airframe and/or Power plant rating
• Preference given for providing training records for one or more of the following: ATA 104 Level 3 or comparable higher level training on Boeing 777, B- 787, B-737 or 747-400 aircraft, ATA 104 Level 2 or comparable higher level training on Boeing 767 or Airbus A319/320/321 aircraft.
• Positions available for technicians of various experience and skill levels
• Must be willing to work long hours in inclement weather as necessary, while adhering to strict regulatory specifications and guidance
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Must be a U.S. citizen or show proof of right to work in the U.S.
• High School graduate or GED
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Ability to lift 60 pounds comfortably
• Able to fluently read, write, speak and understand English
• Ability to work under stressful situations and tight time constraints
• Self-motivated, team player
• Required to work nights, weekends, holidays, and varying schedules
• Successfully complete a background investigation, including FBI fingerprints, criminal history and pre-employment drug test
• Candidate will need to provide a work history showing the use of their Airframe and/or Power plant privileges for at least 6 months, within the last 24 months, or be prepared to comply with FAR 65.83
Background position skill ranking areas:
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Write routine reports and correspondence
Speak effectively one-to-one and before groups of customers or employees of the organization
Communicate with customers within and outside of the United States. These customers include many for whom English is their second language. Applicant must be patient and tolerant of differing cultural values and lingual challenges
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram form
Deal with problems involving many concrete variables in standardized situations
Must be able to lift, carry, move, push, pull and install 30-50 lb components unassisted, have 20/20 corrected vision, good hearing, and be willing to wear all required safety equipment. (Personal Protective Equipment – PPE) Regularly required to use hands, talk, hear, bend, stoop, kneel, and is frequently required to stand, walk
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus
The AMT is usually working outside and is exposed to all types of weather conditions with a seasonal range of temperatures which include rain, snow, wind and extreme temperatures
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can vary dramatically depending on location and activity. Occasionally high noise levels exist where hearing protection is required and provided
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. All employees are expected to work varying hours of compensated overtime to accomplish various duties. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance. Please do not use the dedicated phone number above to call on the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation? Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
In order for our company stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance.
: US-CA-Travis Air Force Base
: Maintenance & Repair
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External