3 months ago
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor, F-35 Program
Job ID: 463473BR Date posted: Dec. 06, City: Luke Air Force Base State: ArizonaProgram: F35 Luke/Australia/FMS
Description:Provides the direct management of aircraft production and sets maintenance priorities. Integrates with the host squadron’s leadership, advises host squadron of schedule requirement and production issues as they pertain to the F-35 aircraft. Supervises daily maintenance and flying operations. Attend daily maintenance and flight operations meetings as required. Review completed work orders and accomplishes Aircraft Safety of Flight Releases. Ensure workforce follows appropriate technical instructions, Air Force Instruction 21-101, and local operating instructions. Advises management of status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
- Ability to perform short notice travel for business, TDY, and extended TDY to support FTO program, mission or customer requirements.
- Candidates must be capable of working first (1st), second (2nd), or third (3rd) shift(s) dependent on mission requirements or customer needs.
- Must possess a Secret Security Clearance. Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Physical Requirements: Regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds and perform repetitive movements, work overhead, use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel, reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and twist.
The following skills are required:
- 6 years minimum fighter aircraft maintenance experience with thorough understanding of Fighter Aircraft Systems and flight line operations.
- Overall fighter experience must include at least 2 years F-35 aircraft maintenance experience (experience must be within the last 4 years)
- Leadership experience in an aircraft maintenance environment.
- Experience with such programs as Aircraft Scheduling/Records Management, Job/Maintenance Control, Configuration Control, Maintenance Information System, Tool and FOD, Training, Safety, Security, Hazardous Waste Management or Supply Chain Management.
- 4 years leadership experience in an aircraft maintenance environment
- F-35 or Fifth generation aircraft maintenance experience
- Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) or Integrated Maintenance Information System (IMIS) experience
- Understanding of USAF Maintenance Practices
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for coordinating with Field Service Representatives, and Maintenance Managers on schedules, aircraft status and issues as they occur.
- Effective communication skills for coordination at all levels throughout the USAF Wing structure to include Operations, Maintenance, and Logistics Support Managers
- Ability to lead diverse workforce
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office products
- Ability to develop and present formal briefings and presentations.
- Ability to develop necessary maintenance plans and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of USAF AFI 21-101
- Ability to develop work schedules and assign tasks.
- Experience providing On-the-Job Training to other equivalent peers and /or maintainers
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Management Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: STANDARD: Autotime System Shift: Second