10 months ago
This mechanic repairs, overhauls, and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty. Repairs and Overhauls aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines Cowlings, Thrust Reversers, Leading Edges, Engine Inlets, and mechanical components, applies technical knowledge of airframe in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation, and applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as; blueprints or manufactures’ manuals. The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
* Perform sheet-metal layout, drilling, fabrication, disassemble, and installation of all types of fasteners and parts under general supervision. Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with all paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
* Cut and form metal skins, doublers, double contoured sheet metal parts and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives, sealants and solvents.
* Utilizing proper tooling, shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information.
* Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with sheet-metal functions. Use the proper hardware for various sheetmetal applications.
The qualified applicants must have at least 3 - 5 years of experience in aviation as an Aircraft Structural Mechanic working in a Repair and Overhaul environment.
Must be able to work First or Second shift.
Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. -Ability to speak, read and comprehend standard English. -Have a general mechanical aptitude. -Able to comprehend and follow instructions. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. -Exposed to high levels of noise, dust, vibration and chemical fumes. -Able to lift fifty (50) pounds without mechanical assistance. -Able to bend, twist, squat and lift.
CORE COMPETENCIES -Commitment to company values and ethics -Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately -Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy -Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills -Continuous learning: ability to learn new procedures and adapt to change -Creativity: makes constructive suggestions and creates novel solutions to problems evaluates new technology as potential solutions to existing problems -Independent: must have the ability to carry out and follow through on tasks with minimal supervision
* Must adhere to company Drug & Alcohol testing policy (pre-employment & random).
Job Type: Full-time