Flightcheck Commercial Aviation was founded in 2004 and is now one of the largest Commercial Line Maintenance providers. We provide technical handling, aircraft de-icing and limited ground handling for over 25 Domestic and International Airlines. Flightcheck provides workplace stability, Flexible Schedules, Affordable Comprehensive Benefits as well as development and training opportunities for you to grow your career with us!
We are currently seeking an exceptional Aircraft Maintenance Manager for our team in Baltimore, MD!
The Maintenance Manager will plan, direct, and/or coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for line maintenance activities in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications. Support Director of Maintenance and act in his absence to direct and control aircraft maintenance functions to ensure the efficient and economical utilization of personnel, tooling, equipment, and facilities. This is a working manager position which requires working scheduled and unscheduled activities when required. The Maintenance Manager should support the Lead technicians and provide them with resources needed. The Maintenance Manager should be able to fill in as a Lead Technician when a Lead is absent if another Lead cannot be scheduled.
What we offer:
- Pay starting at $85,000 per year
- $5,000 sign-on bonus
- Full comprehensive and affordable benefit plans(Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401k with a company match
- Paid time off- 80 hours(accrued)
- Flexible scheduling
- In-house certification opportunities
- Family oriented culture
- Stable work environment with continuous development and training opportunities to help you grow your career with us!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop annual / monthly / weekly employee schedule to meet customer demand while achieving company scheduling and labor efficiency goals, and financial objectives.
- Manage DAT, vacation, and day trade programs to ensure compliance with customer production requirements while achieving scheduling and labor efficiency goals
- Analyze and recommend employee training qualifications to improve scheduling and labor efficiencies.
- Act as a liaison with Flightcheck customers and keep them updated with maintenance progress.
- Ensure ARS is updated for billing purposes and ensure employee timecards in Paylocity are complete and approved for payroll deadlines.
- Attend meetings as required to plan production activities to meet scheduling and labor requirements.
- Review, analyze, and recommend employee training to improve scheduling and labor efficiencies.
- Support achieving station monthly, quarterly, and annual financial objectives.
- Support Director of Maintenance with the selection, training, and development of production staff.
- Coordinate with Director of Maintenance to determine equipment, materials, and staffing to meet demand.
- Ensure all aircraft maintenance functions are completed in accordance with the RSM, QCM, customers’ procedures, FARs, and all other applicable rules and regulations.
- Ensure facilities and equipment comply with applicable FARs and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure safety practices and policies are implemented.
- Performs other related duties as required and some travel may be required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Teamwork skills are necessary to direct, empower, and support personnel.
- Ability to plan, organize priorities, and allocate resources effectively and efficiently.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of FAA rules and regulations governing FAR 145 operations.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with adherence to company policies.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have a valid A&P and State Driver’s License
- Must be able to read, write and understand English and the ability to interpret technical data and special operating instructions
- Must have five (5) years air transport category aircraft maintenance experience
- Must be able to pass background check and pre employment drug screening
- Must have prior supervisory experience
- Must be able to obtain an airport badge with customs endorsement and military base ID.
- Potential exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, and moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically loud.
Flightcheck is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.