about 1 month ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating®.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Stephenville, N.L, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston and Washington (Dulles), and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Muskoka, Ont., Myrtle Beach, S.C., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
If you are an AME (M2) and you live near a Canadian Porter Destination - Porter has the job for you. Live at home, where you do now, and Porter will fly you to Toronto for work. We'll also provide your Toronto accommodation for free - WiFi, utilities and cleaning, all included. 7 days of work and 7 days off. So you stay where you are but get a great new job.
Here are some other great reasons for you to join the Porter Team:
* Our Signing Bonus: Eligible Q400 endorsed M2 AMEs will receive a $25,000 signing bonus
* Q400 endorsement course will be provided upon hire to qualified AME M2’s
* Our Staff Travel program: after 3 months of continuous service, you get unlimited standby travel on Porter and our Global interline partners after 6 months.of service.
* Our Benefits: RRSP matching, Medical, and Dental coverage are yours
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Manager, Line Maintenance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Troubleshoot aircraft structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems to identify problems and adjust and repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures
* Repair and overhaul aircraft structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems
* Install or modify aircraft engines, mechanical, hydraulic, flight control, fuel and pneumatic systems
* Dismantle airframes, aircraft engines or other aircraft systems for repair, overhaul, and cleaning, and reassemble
* Perform and document scheduled and unscheduled maintenance as per Porter’s Policy and Transport Canada requirements
* Assist in Initial Training and Recurrent Training of Team Members
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Undertake other roles/duties as assigned
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Completion of secondary school is required
* A college diploma in aircraft maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational facility
* Valid M2 or M1/M2 AME Licence
* Minimum 2 years’ experience with deHavilland/Bombardier Dash-8 aircraft preferred
* Candidates with Dash-8 100/300 or Dash-8 Q400 endorsements will be given preference
* Valid Ontario full “G” driver’s license
* Ability to obtain a Canadian Passport
* Ability to obtain necessary security clearances and successfully complete the company screening process
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
* Post Date August 1, 2019
* Reference ID 50-64-62