7 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating®.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston and Washington (Dulles), and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Manager, Line Maintenance in Toronto in support of Porter’s Q400 fleet in a line maintenance environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Troubleshoot aircraft structural, mechanical and hydraulic systems to identify problems and repair using approved technical documents and established procedures.
* Remove and install aircraft parts associated with aircraft engines, airframe, landing gear, hydraulic systems, flight controls and other systems as required.
* Document all work accomplished in accordance with company policies.
* Order and maintain the inventory of parts and supplies.
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations.
* Understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy.
* Maintain Porter owned ground equipment in accordance with the OEMs maintenance schedule
* Other duties as assigned
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.?
* Completion of secondary school.
* Completion of a TC approved AME M course.
* Valid driver’s license
* Ability to obtain necessary airport security clearance and successfully complete the company screening process
* Willing to stay after regular hours during AOG situations
* Willing to travel to other stations Porter serves to repair AOG aircraft
Thunder Bay - YQT
* Post Date November 7, 2018
* Reference ID 98-29-76