4 months ago
STS Technical Services is hiring Aerospace Design Engineers IV in Savannah, Georgia.
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of products and services.
* Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
* Ten (10) yrs in specific technical discipline or fifteen (15) yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
* Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
* Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred
* The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
* Preferred skills: Mechanical Design for Aircraft Cabin Interiors, CATIA, Smarteam, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, Excel and Power Point.
* Design responsibilities primarily involve engineering design of new and derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new aircraft. Examples include custom cabinetry such as galleys, lavatories, closets, storage compartments, interior peripheries, water/waste systems, oxygen systems, electrical wire routing, lighting, PSU, cabin liners, ledges/dados, entertainment equipment installations, and seating installations.
* Design engineer will design installations for aforementioned commodities along with necessary airframe modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation and should have the competency with Weight & Center of Gravity Analysis. -Knowledgeable with Part 25 aircraft requirements and some familiarity with Part 135 requirements.
* Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either CATIA V5, or AutoCAD and SmarTeam. Design Engineer will be required to liaison with the shop on engineering issues.
* Design assignments Item Installation Analysis, Similarity Analysis and Mount Configuration along with any other required items.
* Design engineer will employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods are executed under the direction of the Mechanical Engineering Group Head to meet the manufacturing schedule.
* Additional responsibilities are out lined in the job description and as assigned by the Mechanical Engineering Group Head
* Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
* Perform other duties as assigned.
At STS Technical Services we offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees, and candidates of every background are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions about pay rates, benefits, etc… please contact us. .
Thanks so much, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!