about 1 month ago
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Interior Design Engineers in Greensboro, North Carolina.
The Interior Design Engineer will perform interior design engineering for cabin & cockpit structures, components, and trim for aircraft. This includes requirements definition for the entire interior including liners, monuments, and seats. Familiarity with FAA certification requirements pertaining to aircraft interiors and human factors is desired. The individual will also support production aircraft completions and supply chain as needed to clarify requirements and provide dispositions to engineering deviations. Most important is the desire to work as a key contributor to the overall engineering organization and provide our customers with the world’s most advance aircraft.
Essential Functions of the Job:
* Creates conceptual designs for interiors of the aircraft through 3D modeling software (CATIA), drawings, and/or drafting application
* Develops designs for form/fit/function to meet customer and design criteria
* Provides designs for the fabrication process including sheet metal, extrusions and inject molding
* Familiarity with structural analysis methods, load paths, and material properties
* Validates engineering designs per engineering core principles, design standards, processes and industry best practices
* Makes recommendations to engineering lead/management
* Researches and maintains up to date knowledge of technical data pertaining to cabin, cockpit structures, hardware, material, and finishes
* Ensures adherence to program schedule
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Interiors Design, or Civil Engineering from a four year college or university is required. (In lieu of degree, management may elect to consider individuals with a equivalent years of combined experience and training.)
* Masters’ degree in Engineering preferred
* Minimum of 0 years of interiors design engineering experience for commercial aircraft
* Working knowledge of conceptual design development of aircraft interiors
* Working knowledge of industry standard (i.e. – parts lists, bill of materials, parts and standards callout, etc)
* In-depth knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
* Familiarity with 14CFR Part 23/25
* Proficiency in CATIA V5 workbenches or equivalent 3D modeling tools (i.e. – Solidworks, Unigraphics, etc)
* Proficiency in Teamcenter (or equivalent PLM tool)
* Ability to work independently or within a team environment
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
17 days ago
only 12 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close
19 days ago
only 9 days until close
18 days ago
only 10 days until close