Line Up Aviation is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 25 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of service and attention.
Our General Aviation client has been based in Gloucestershire for over 40 years. The business was started in 1973 and has been built on the solid values of good customer service and value for money.
We are looking to appoint a full-time Aircraft Inspector/Supervisor (Airframe/Engine) to work as part of our aircraft maintenance team in our clients Aircraft Maintenance business based on Gloucestershire Airport.
- To analyse and manage several tasks and teams as allocated to him/her so as to complete the tasks expeditiously without compromising the flight safety/airworthiness of the aircraft concerned.
- To carry out such technical maintenance and inspection tasks allocated to him/her so that they are completed expeditiously and cost effectively without compromise of the flight safety or airworthiness of the aircraft concerned.
- To manage and ensure the correct completion of task and aircraft documentation for the tasks allocated to him/her.
- To produce an accurate costing for a specific aircraft task (e.g. Annual servicing, defect rectification or repair) and produce a quotation for a customer.
- To liaise with and ensure appropriate information and materials are provided by other departments such as Stores and Technical Records, so as to ensure tasks are completed on time.
- To ensure that all maintenance data and aircraft spares are fit for purpose for the tasks allocated to him.
- To sign appropriate Release to Service documentation, where authorised by the company to do so.
- To recognise situations where there is a conflict between the technical tasks allocated to him/her and the flight safety/airworthiness of aircraft, stop working on that task and resolve the situation with management guidance.
- To manage the operations and development of members of his work team, to motivate them and to provide guidance in professional and technical issues.
- To liaise with customers directly and expeditiously in order to keep them up to date with work progress.
- To liaise with company management to address the wider issues of customer service; technical efficiency and compliance with the relevant regulations and documentation e.g. The Part 145 MOE, the Part M Subpart G CAME.
- To report to management occurrences and incidents which actually or potentially endanger flight safety or the airworthiness of aircraft maintained by the company.
- To manage the safety, fire and environmental risks on the tasks for which they are responsible and to bring potential or actual incidents to the notice of management.
- To manage and keep to a minimum (consistent with flight safety and aircraft airworthiness) the hours expended on tasks within his control.
Education / Qualifications: Licensed Aircraft engineer with minimum 3 – 5 years post license practical experience, most in GA. By exception, if no AMEL then 10 years’ experience of which 7 in GA. The exceptional candidate will have at least one Group 1 aircraft on his/her license.
Experience: 5 years practical if licensed; experience as a team leader Attributes:
- High level to technical competence;
- Detailed understanding of aircraft systems relating to RGV service centre types (advantage) or GA aircraft.
- Computer and MS Office literate
- Understanding of EASA Part 145 and (as an advantage) Part M Subpart G
- Ability to analyse a range of tasks, prioritise and plan ahead;
- Practical business sense.
- Leadership skills; decision making skills.
- Communication skills and ability to relate to both subordinates and to customers.
- Ability to work within a team and to build teams for whom he is responsible.
- Job type: Permanent
- 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
- The role is based Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- Due to the nature of this role we can only consider candidates that already have the rights to live and work in the UK
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org a full job description is available on request.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.