about 1 month ago
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Fuel Systems Engineers in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Fuel System Engineer responsible for the design of the Fuel System and related system integration. This includes requirements definition, specification and ICD creation, Supplier coordination, test execution, drawing creation, product certification, product improvement, and field support. Ability (or interest) to conduct fuel system performance analysis using 1-D fluid flow simulation software (i.e. Flowmaster, AMESim or similar analytical tools) is highly desired, but not required.
Essential Functions of the Job:
* Communicates effectively in both verbal and written format. Candidate should be able to adjust communication content and approach based on audience
* Manages task execution to ensure on-time and on-target completion
* Searches for problem root cause and develop corrective action plans and solutions
* The primary role of this position within the team will be as a general fuel system engineer. Specifically, this will entail:
* Support fuel system production and field issues with troubleshooting, o Implement design improvements to the current fuel system design, o Interface with current fuel system suppliers to manage supplier changes o Participate in testing including supplier qualification testing, and HACI flight testing
* Able to manage the certification aspects of major and minor changes including test plans, test reports and analysis reports that will be submitted to the FAA
* An additional role for this position within the team will be as a fuel system performance analyst; is desirable to find a candidate that has proficiency or interest in performing this analysis, but not a required skill. If interested, this role will entail
* Modeling the fuel system using a 1-D fluid flow simulation software such as AMESim or Flowmaster
* Performing performance assessments of the fuel system including tank filling performance, fuel distribution and supply performance, vent system performance, unusable fuel simulations, negative acceleration simulations and other system performance simulations ° Comparing analysis results to flight test data o Evaluating performance impact of proposed design changes
* Writing reports documenting analysis results
* Additional roles within the team may be available at different program phases
* BS in Engineering with 5 or more years directly related experience or MS in engineering with 3 or more years of experience
* Previous aerospace experience at either Supplier or OEM
* Some Travel will be required
* Familiar with industry documentation for design, test, and certification of propulsion systems
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
* Familiar with FAR Part 23 or Part 25.
* Familiar with Industry standards such including DO-160, MIL-HDBKs and SAE ARPs.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
17 days ago
only 12 days until close
27 days ago
only 8 days until close
19 days ago
only 9 days until close
18 days ago
only 10 days until close