8 months ago
STS Technical Services now offers Aircraft Flight Prep Technician jobs in Palmdale, California!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Perform operational checkout of aircraft prior to and during preflight. Inspect explosive and armament installations
* Maintain aircraft historical records
* Perform activities prior to flight status and final inspection and daily maintenance of completed experimental aircraft or major modification to experimental aircraft
* Inspect and/or perform bench and flight line operational checkout and inspect, trouble-shooting, adjustment and repair of electrical and electronic systems
* Inspect the calibration, adjustment, troubleshooting, repair and modification of electronic test equipment used exclusively by production and at times may be required to inspect the calibration, adjustment, trouble-shooting, repair and modification of other electronic test equipment as directed
* Perform aircraft and/or spacecraft bench or flight line operational checkout, trouble-shooting, adjustment and repair of any electrical or electronic system
* Fabricate, adjust, trouble shoot, repair and modify electronic test equipment
* Perform operational checkout of hydraulic systems and mechanical systems
* Diagnose and correct hydraulic and mechanical malfunctions
* Operate engines during run-ups and troubleshoot when needed
* Perform engine buildup as assigned
* Install, repair, and replace tanks, power plants, generators, and aircraft engines
* Install or replace reservoirs, etc. and repair leaks in same
* Install or replace instruments such as fuel quantity, rate of climb and oil pressure indicators
* Splice, route, clamp, solder, and string tie wires or wire bundles
* Repair, install and hook up bomb, missile and rocket racks and pylons
* Install and load ejection seats and guns
* Install adjust, repair and replace structural parts and assemblies
* Modify parts such as skins, doors, aircraft frames, test panels, clips, brackets, angles and ribs without the aid of jigs and fixtures
* Modify aircraft components or aircraft support equipment
* Perform composite repairs
* Plans, organizes, participate and directs aircraft armament systems maintenance activities
* Establishes and evaluates performance and training standards, maintenance controls, and procedures
* Checks methods and techniques used to load and unload munitions on aircraft, to repair and maintain aircraft release and gun systems, and to maintain, repair, and modify associated equipment
* Must be a US Citizen
* Secret Clearance required
* This job requires specialized vocational training or an Associate’s degree and 3 to 5 years’ work related F15 experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Candidates need to be available to work 2nd shift, if needed
* Knowledgeable and skilled in F15 mechanical, structural, power plant, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems operation and flightline methods and common shop practices
* Knowledgeable and able to interpret and work from USAF technical orders (T.O.s), blueprints, sketches and written and verbal instructions.
* Knowledgeable and able to use computer systems for office and shop applications.
* Knowledgeable about and able to work in FOD controlled environments.
* Knowledgeable and able to apply shop math.
* Skilled in listening and interpersonal participation, and able to work with others as part of a team which includes giving and receiving feedback, and assisting others in completion of tasks.
* Able to complete and maintain all required training and certifications needed to do your job efficiently.
* Able to climb, stand, bend, kneel, reach, crawl, and walk on or around aircraft or work stands and in confined spaces.
* F-15 Crew Chief experienced personnel, sound understanding of Air Force Tech Order usage and application
* Experienced Flight Line operations, preflight, launch, recovery, and functional checkout of Hydraulics/Avionics/Mission Systems/Weapons loading
* F-15 Electrical/Avionics experience, sound understanding of Air Force Tech Order usage and application
* Versed in Flight Line Operations, Avionics/Electrical preflight and functional checkout of disturbed systems
What We Offer:
STS Technical Services works with the largest names in the aviation industry, offering hundreds of career opportunities across the United States. With over two decades of experience, we soar in our commitment to excellence and professionalism. We proudly offer competitive rates, direct deposits, medical insurance, cash advances, and referral bonuses.
If you would like to speak with an Aviation Recruitment Professional directly, call. Our job placement services are always free, and we are open seven days a week. Reach out at any time! Thanks so much for your interest in working with STS Technical Services, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.