MPI are looking for a Aircraft Mechanical Technician for a permanent role based at Vector, Gosport. PO13 0AA
Candidates to ideally have Chinook experience.
37 working hours per week,
Salary to be discussed upon application
25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
Pension, Canteen and free parking.
Purpose of the role:
The purpose of this job description is to define the roles and responsibilities of a mechanical technician in the Military Business unit. The technician is responsible through their Front Line Manager, to the Minor line Production Manager for the maintenance aircraft within the Business Unit
Key responsibilities and duties:
• Will effectively carry out a variety of maintenance activities, within trade boundaries and
authorisations, IAW current procedures as laid down in relevant approved source information.
• Contribute to team delivery of agreed targets and goals.
• Comply with current Tool Control procedure.
• Attend and contribute to team meetings.
• Carry out Improving Quality and Continuous Quality Improvement reviews.
• Support a climate of continuous improvement to assist productivity, quality and lean
• To achieve a maximum flexibility, team members will undertake training and train other team
• Undertake work to highest level of competence.
• Agree to do other duties within the team to support team output.
• Work within and promote the Behavioural Competencies.
• Ensure all procedures relating to foreign object debris control are adhered to.
• Adherence to our Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety Management Systems
(SMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and all associated Business Manuals
• Team worker that has the ability to fully interact with other team members.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to provide advice as a subject matter expert.
• Full compliance and understanding of Quality Management System.
• Actively participate in continuous improvement activities
Key Interfaces with;
• Logistics department
• Engineering Department
• NAVIXA Support
• Quality department
Professional Qualifications/Education and Training:
• Recognised indentured apprenticeship or military equivalent.
• Human Factors.
• Experience of working with aircraft drawings and work instructions.
• Previous Chinook maintenance experience
• Previous experience of independent inspections.
• Familiar with Military MRP 145 and associated Regulatory Articles (RA's).
• Cat B or Certifier authorisations
• BTEC ONC in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering.
• Previous experience within a maintenance hangar would be an advantage
This is not an exhaustive list and from time to time additional responsibilities may be provided directly from your Line Manager.