Cobham Aviation Services are recruiting for an Aircraft Fitter/Engineer to support Base and Line Maintenance activities to the appointed Supervisor and/or Licensed Aircraft Engineer, working on our fixed wing fleet of Aircraft (predominantly Beech 350 King Air). You will have an awareness of all associated and related Mechanical Aircraft Maintenance regulations and work in accordance with the company procedures at all times.
This position is based at our Culdrose, Cornwall site and requires minimal travel. The role will require shift working.
As an Aircraft Fitter your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Aviation apprenticeship background
· Mechanical Engineering experience working in an Aircraft line or base maintenance facility.
· Experience of service or commercial aircraft engineering/operations (desirable)
· Ability to gain full UK security clearance if not already gained.
· Motivated team member and physically fit to undertake manual tasks around and on board the aircraft
As an Aircraft Fitter your main responsibilities will involve:
· Accountable for delivery to agreed work Programme
· Working efficiently and meeting or exceeding all Quality requirements against all work Programme
· When required, liaise with other departments within the company, with the customer, outside agencies to support delivery of the work Programme
· Inform in a timely manner, the Team Leader of any possible work Programme delays.
· Ensure all that all SHE requirements are complied with.
· Highlight any tooling requirements to the Team Leader and if required assist with preparation of business case to facilitate procurement.
· Ensure that cleanliness and tidiness of facility, equipment, tooling and employee facilities is maintained within the working areas.
· Ensuring all test and ground support equipment is in a serviceable/calibrated condition and fit to carry out its function before use.
· When appropriate propose changes within the workplace and also be supportive of any introduced changes.
· Support the Continued Improvement & Aerotrac implementation initiatives.
· To attend technical, SHE or QA related training courses and recommend any training needs required to improve the business.
· Ensuring all tool control is carried out in accordance with CAvS procedures.
· The tidiness and cleanliness of all engineering work spaces.
· To report any hazard or potential hazard within the workplace using the current company reporting systems.
· To align with our SPIRIT values and comply with all Company policies, practices and procedures and seek guidance when you have doubt.
· Other tasks considered to be within his/her sphere of influence.
About Cobham Aviation Services
We combine state-of-the-art technology with complex air platforms to deliver customised Operational Readiness Training, Search and Rescue Services, Helicopter Training and Aircraft Engineering and Maintenance.
Our end-to-end capabilities benefit government and military customers with responsive and cost-effective turn-key solutions for optimal mission performance.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.