9 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Dedicated to support the machining operations using a variety of machines and hand skills. Covering component repair of engines and third party activity across all product types. Activities will include component set up, programming, initial and final machining to precise tolerances and an element of inspection, all in line with the OEM engine manuals. The person will be required to be fully flexible across all activities within the team.
* Role is operating a Webster Bennett (Vertical Borer) machine.
* Possibility of operating other manual machines and expanding onto CNC machines.
* Changing and setting tooling/fixtures
* Using standard measuring equipment
* Responsibility for the quality of the parts machined
* You will be required to carry out any one or combination of overhaul, repair, modification, inspection, replacement, or defect rectification of engine parts.
* Restore used parts, component/assembly/engine/module/accessory/unit by inspection, and/or replacement in conformity with an approved standard to extend the operational life.
* Restore a component/engine/module to a serviceable condition in conformity with an approved standard and to ensure that cost effective operation is achieved.
* Ensure compliance with GE policy, procedure and regulatory requirements and ethical behaviour.
* Ensure compliance with all Environmental Health and Safety requirements. Everyone at GE Wales is responsible for Quality, ensuring compliance at all times.
* All company members are required to actively participate in the various Quality forums which are the conduit towards achieving the company’s aim of sustained Quality Improvement.
* This role is for night shift although initial training may be carried out on days.
* Completed an indentured machining apprenticeship
* Able to work effectively in a self-directed team environment.
* Able to demonstrate a background in providing high quality workmanship.
* Able to follow engineering manuals and drawings with a high degree of accuracy.
* Strong technical and practical skills.
* Applicants are required to have a flexible approach to their work. Full flexibility across all activities within the team will be required
* Good knowledge of cutting tools
* Ability to set up fixtures and tooling
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
* Experience working in an MRO Workshop environment
* CNC experience
* Background in aerospace manufacturing and engineering
Locations: United Kingdom; Cardiff
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.