10 months ago
At Cathay Pacific, we share one common aspiration: to be the world's best airline.
Cathay Pacific and its subsidiaries employ a total of over 28,000 people across 39 countries that we operate to. With a global team, we offer a diverse range of career choices and opportunities - in the air, on the ground; in customer service, in the office; managerial or professional roles. Our team of great people each plays a key role to deliver the quality service that we are famous for.
1. All China based positions are subject to local terms and conditions.
2. Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mainland China. We are unable to assist applicants with visa or work permit applications.
3. Once employment is confirmed, the employment contract and personnel file will be arranged through local FESCO/ FASCO.
Reports To: Aircraft Engineering Supervisor
Location: Beijing / China
Perform and certify aircraft maintenance to ensure a high level of safety, reliability, security and presentation required by customers, regulatory authorities and the Company in a cost-effective manner.
* Directly perform and certify aircraft maintenance as rostered
* Perform the duties of an Aircraft Mechanic as rostered
* Supervise ground-based aircraft monitoring and recording to assess aircraft serviceability and respond accordingly
* Perform additional aircraft maintenance as requested by Cathay Pacific Maintenance Control and Engineering Planning Hong Kong (ADD Clearance) as appropriate to qualification
* Perform and certify maintenance and servicing of third party operator’s aircraft in accordance with the applicable SGHA
* Provide a high level of customer service
* Perform relief duties on other stations as requested
* Keep up to date with the aircraft systems, technology, processes and procedures
* Other duties as directed by the Engineering Manager
* Supervise mechanics and other staff assigned to the rostered shift
* Enhance the employee experience in line with the role level and Cathay Pacific’s internal brand promise of Life Well Travelled
Working Environment and Safety
* Monitor ground safety during aircraft servicing and maintenance and ensure that all staff operating around the aircraft adhere to general ramp safety practices
* Ensure safe working practices are applied and that all accidents are reported
* Familiarity with the local airport and company Emergency and Accident procedures
* Ensure all incoming communications are actioned
* Liaise with the Airport Services, Cargo and other Cathay Pacific airport departments to ensure maximum aircraft handling efficiency
* Liaise with airport subcontractors as required during aircraft handling
* Liaise with contracted third party operators’ local representatives
* Familiarity with and uses the available methods of communication such as VHF radios, Internet, fax, memo, GroupWise, SITA etc.
Ground Equipment, Aircraft Tooling and Facilities
* Assist with the servicing, maintenance and cleanliness of all station company ground equipment and vehicles
* Assist with the recalibration of aircraft tooling in accordance with company procedures
* Assist with station engineering fire protection
* Assist with the maintenance and cleanliness of the Engineering facility
* Maintain PC literacy
* Assist with the operation of FMIS (Finance Management Information System)
* Assist with the Company material handling and storage procedures and Customs regulations in relation to imported aircraft materials in line with Company policy
* Assist with the maintenance of all station technical publications
* Complete station logs and records
* Action technical documents and enter data into Ultramain as per company procedures
* Must hold basic license HKAR 66 B1 or B2 or equivalent foreign license
* Must hold a minimum of one aircraft type approval at B1 level 3 training University Degree holder in Engineering or related disciplines
* Willing to perform shift work and work in adverse weather conditions;
* Willing to travel regularly within mainland China and perform relief duties in other stations when requested.
* PRC national register or holding PRC ID card
* Analysis and Problem Solving
* Planning and Organizing
* Teamwork and Building Partnerships
* Interpersonal Effectiveness
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.