about 1 month ago
* 17-May-2019 to 16-Jun-2019 (CST)
* TSGI - FRCNI
* San Diego, CA, USA
* Full Time
Competitive Benefit Package
This is job is at a Depot Level repair facility maintenance on types of aircraft, which include, but not limited to AV-8, C-130, C-2, E-2, EA-6B, F/A-18, H-1, H-53, H-60, MQ-8, P-3, P-8. F-35 and V-22. Military aviation platform experience is a plus.
* Disassemble multiple type aircraft engines, engine assemblies and accessories, and remove tubing, fuel controls, pumps etc. as required.
* Break down major assemblies in proper sequence and inspect for visual defects; determine if parts are functional and reusable; examine, evaluate, recondition and assemble subassemblies.
* Maintain, repair, and/or test different types of engines in aircraft test cells or maintenance shops.
* Analyze problems such as fuel fluctuation, compressor instability or excessive vibration and take remedial action, disassembling to the extent necessary to make needed corrections.
* Knowledge of preservation and de-preservation techniques used and required in shipping and or long-term storage of aircraft gas turbine engines.
* Have thorough knowledge of the installation, operation, and repair of gas turbine aircraft engines and accessory systems, and have a thorough knowledge of engine repair practices.
* Use of measurement and test instruments such as vibration analyzer, pyrometer, and various test benches.
* Skilled in the interpretation and use of technical orders, specifications, manufacturers' catalogs, maintenance bulletins, conversion tables, graphs, blueprints and various technical manuals.
* Ability to observe instrument readings, make tentative diagnosis, and disassemble the engine or accessory system to locate the defect, and determine the cause and extent of repair work required.
* Other Duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* A&P license not required but a plus
* Minimum 4 years of aircraft mechanic experience
* Prefer experience from military fixed wing community or civilian heavy structure background
* Experience in heavy structure U.S. Military or related FAA or civil aviation
* Must have Military installation DEPOT level maintenance experience
* Must be a US Citizen
* Must have or be able to obtain a secret clearance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
* Must be able to walk, stand, crawl, kneel and bend on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
* Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
* Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp, pull over hand, push, reach or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
* May be required to lift up to 44 pounds and heavy, moderate carrying up to 44 pounds.
* May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
* Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales with or without corrective lens.
* Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
* Must be able to distinguish color, shades of color and judge three-dimensional depth.
* May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, crane, truck, tractor, etc.
* Work in an inside/outside environment to include working around machinery, objects, vehicles, ladders, and scaffolds.
* Excessive noise and vibration that can be intermittent or constant.
* Environmental conditions can included but not limited to dust, silica, asbestos, fumes, smoke, gas, solvents such as degreasing agents, grease, oils, and electrical energy
* Working on slippery or uneven surfaces
* Working closely with others or working alone
* Possible protracted or irregular hours of work as needed or required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VEVRAA/ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.