8 months ago
Job Title: Aircraft Electrical Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Long Beach, CA
CDG, a Boeing Company is a world-class strategic partner for engineering-driven organizations that develop, support, operate and maintain complex equipment. CDG serves a broad range of industry sectors, including commercial and VIP aviation, aerospace and defense, manufacturing and other industries.
Resolve complex engineering problems associated with support analysis, and modifications that require ingenuity and innovation. You will be working directly with mechanical system, Structural and Project Engineers, providing Electrical system documentation and drawings for aircraft cabin interior retrofit modifications. This is a fast paced role, requiring the candidate to be able to manage their workload, priorities and meet deadlines effectively. An ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management is essential. The candidate must be skilled or proficient in MS office applications, CATIA, and Autocad.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum BS in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering with 6 years of related experience and/or 12 years’ experience in related commercial/military aircraft design fields.
* Proficiency in Functional diagram, Wiring diagram, wire bundle installation and equipment installation
* Ability to produce Electrical Load, Electrical Bonding and Voltage drop analysis documents.
* Extensive understanding of EWIS assessment and review against existing instructions for continued airworthiness
* Broad knowledge of aircraft installation safety assessments (FAR and /or CS25309)
* Familiar with aircraft compliance verification test documents
* Research and design with respect to electrical load, function and environmental conditions.
* Define and document electrical interfaces between Aircraft and component system.
* Execute electrical interface design enhancements to support existing and legacy aircrafts.
* Attending project meetings, supplying specialist knowledge of electrical requirements.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
The successful candidate will ideally have a thorough working knowledge of designs, in particular cabin interior equipment construction techniques and principles for a large aircraft. An electrical engineering qualification is essential in addition to organizational and communication skills.
* A working knowledge of EASA CS25 subpart F and / or FAA equivalent is essential
* Have a good knowledge of aircraft installation procedures, maintenance and repair documents
* Understand the requirement for critical separation and segregation of existing aircraft’s wiring systems.
* Have a working knowledge of aircraft AC and DC power distribution system
* The ability to identify the functional and environmental test (RTCA-DO-160 for Airborne Equipment)
* Requirements for system qualification
* A basic understanding of IFE (In-flight entertainment) system and how it interfaces functionality with existing aircraft systems. Not required but essential.
* A working knowledge of passenger cabin interior illumination, PSU (Passenger Service Unit) and emergency light marking path. Not required but essential.
CDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
US Person: Yes. Due to legal requirements associated with our work statements, you must be able to provide documentation indicating that you are a US Person.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and a pleasant working environment.