about 1 month ago
Job Title: Aircraft Dispatcher
Contact: Merry Engebreston ,
Date Posted: 03/19/2019
Compensation and Hours
Minimum Salary: DOE
Maximum Salary: DOE
Type of Job: Full Time
Benefits: To be discussed
Anticipated Job Duration: None Selected
This announcement is for an Aircraft Dispatcher with Ravn Air Group. This position reports to the Chief Dispatcher for Peninsula Aviation Services, Inc. (PASI) and is responsible for working with the flight crew to ensure the safe operation of each flight. The successful candidate will have previous experience in a dispatch capacity, excellent phone etiquette, and a FAR Part 121 Aircraft Dispatch License.
This is a non-exempt, full time, benefits-eligible position. Position typically works four 10-hour days per week in Anchorage, however overtime may be required as dictated by business needs and with management approval.
* FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certification required
* High School Diploma/GED required, college education is preferred;
* Previous experience in a dispatch or aircraft dispatch role; FAR Part 121 Dispatcher License is preferred;
* Experience reading and interpreting aviation regulations, weather products, and Notice to Airmen (NOTAMs) is highly preferred;
* Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel and database software;
* Effective oral and written communication skills;
* Strong research abilities and excellent organizational skills;
* Some knowledge of Alaska geography is required;
* Knowledge of risk assessment and mitigation is highly desired;
* Ability and availability to work days, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime;
* Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record;
* Requires a strong safety awareness and the ability to adhere to Safety Management Systems (SMS);
* Able to pass a comprehensive background check;
* Comfortable working in an airport environment around odors and sounds typically associated with operating aircraft.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Responsible for compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR), Company General Operations Manual (GOM) and Dispatch Procedures manual (DPM);
* Jointly responsible with Captain of the flight for the initiation, continuation, diversion and termination of those flights;
* Monitor the progress of each flight and issue information necessary for its safety;
* Continuous monitoring of weather, weather patterns, and trends;
* Construct flight plans for various route structure;
* Continuously communicate with PenAir pilots to ensure they and the company are aware of the complexity of each and every flight;
* Coordinate with the PenAir aircraft maintenance department to ensure aircraft are airworthy and suitable for the intended flight;
* Coordinate information regarding flight operations with Flight Control Managers and Crew Schedulers to ensure safe, legal and efficient operations
* Confirm with Pilot Records that all assigned pilots are current and competent for the intended flight;
* Gather, review, disseminate and monitor aviation weather and NOTAMs to ensure the safe initiation, and continuation of flights;
* Complete a Risk Assessment for flights considering Equipment, Manpower, Weather, and Runway risks;
* Monitor the progress of all company flights; ensuring precise flight locating practices;
* Communicate and record the company’s aircraft movements;
* Promote the Company safety culture, reporting any unsafe actions to supervisor immediately;
* Other duties as assigned and within the scope of this position.
Peninsula Aviation Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Peninsula Aviation Services, Inc. depends solely on your qualifications.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Are you able to obtain airport security clearance?
* Are you eligible to work in the United States?
* Can you pass a background check?
* Can you pass a drug test?
* Can you speak, hear, read and write the English language?
* Are you a licensed/certified 121 aircraft dispatcher?
* Are you able to work full time?
* Can you work overtime, nights, weekends and holidays?