GATE Europe is looking for 2 Aircraft components Manufacturing Engineers.
About the Opportunity
In the position of manufacturing Engineer, you are in the lead to develop and document the optimum manufacturing concept for a component or an assembly for the lowest possible costs. This is done in close harmonization with the process specialists for e.g. machining and surface treatment. You will document the manufacturing concept in working instructions for operations and will support operations during introduction of these instructions.
In case the initial manufacturing concept does not lead to a conforming product, you will define together with process specialists and the Customer, the way forward for both the non-conforming product and the possible improvements to the original manufacturing concept.
The Manufacturing Engineer is part of the Industrialization team for a dedicated program. This team consists of around 8-10 specialists who work closely together with various colleagues on all levels throughout the entire organization.
You will be based in the Netherlands and operationally report to the Industrialization Manager.
You are responsible for
• defining the most efficient overall manufacturing process for a dedicated product or assembly (together with process specialists).
• describing the processes in detailed instructions and manufacturing steps for operations
• introducing the products and related instructions within operations in a controlled way (incl. training and support)
• solving/analyzing structural problems in the manufacturing process
• solving/analyzing non-conformances on products that are still in the industrialization phase and propose rework activity (if required, together with the Customer)
• providing ME-related input during design reviews (design for manufacturing, design to cost)
Your skills and competences are
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or Aerospace
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of Manufacturing Engineering and related Production technologies: NC-machining, assembly, measure methodologies, tolerance methodologies
• Fluency in English and Dutch (pre), both written and verbal
• Good analytics and problem solving skills
• Structured way of working
• Strong communication skills as well as a results-driven attitude
• Experience with CAD/CAM and ERP-systems (pre)
please send your CV to GATE Europe.