4 months ago
Aircraft Assembler C
Location : Location
# of Openings
2 months ago(3/18/2019 1:13 PM)
Works under the direction of the Production Supervisor, or designee, with minimum of supervision. Assembles aircraft structural details, and subassemblies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Work from drawings, specification and charts, assembles or disassembles a wide variety of aircraft mechanical and/or structural details, and subassemblies to required standards.
* Must be able to effectively use hand power tools and precision measuring instruments common to the craft.
* Maintains familiarity with company/customer blueprints, technical drawings, specifications, etc. Maintain records, data, logs, etc as necessary or required.
* Detects and report any unusual circumstances and/or defective material or tooling.
* Makes recommendations for improvements in quality and process.
* Work with hand/power tools, hand squeeze, pneumatic drills, rivet guns and floor squeeze.
* Work with precision measuring instruments.
* Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or GED required.
2. Read and write English fluently.
3. Basic math skills.
4. Ability to use hand/power tools, hand squeeze, pneumatic drills, rivet guns, floor squeeze, common to the manufacture of aircraft sheet metal and structural parts.
5. Ability to use scales and calipers.
6. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifications, charts and tables.
1. Experience working with fasteners, riveting, counter sinking.
2. Minimum of six months to one year working with sheet metal, metallic structures or related experience.
All positions at Kaman Aerospace require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently all applicants must be US citizens or US Permanent Residents (“green card holders”) and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Kaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).