Korr Technical Services Ltd has a fantastic opportunity for a Fight Operations Inspector to join our client based in Wellington, New Zealand.
Operating since 2004, the Korr Group has become a key player within the aviation and aerospace sector providing high quality services to a range of clientele. With a focus on Engineering and Maintenance, Flight Operations, Stores and Logistics, our large network of skilled personnel manage contracts across the Asia Pacific region. The Korr Group team of professionals are dedicated to delivering efficient, cost effective services to achieve key business outcomes for our clients.
About the Organisation
Our client is a statutory organisation tasked to ensure that aviation participants meet New Zealand’s high aviation standards.
About the Role
As an Air Transport Inspector you will work as part of a unit to provide specialist flight operation knowledge and experience. This enables the Unit to perform regulatory functions including the entry and exit control of participants in the aviation industry through the issue and amendment of aviation documents and approvals.
You will be involved in the assessment of air operators and training organisations and as such required to conduct audits and analysis of safety findings. You will monitor the development and implementation of corrective actions and safety interventions where necessary. You will also need to maintain professional relationships with a number of stakeholders within aviation and provide specialist advice as required.
In return, you will be given the opportunity to work in a great team. You will be challenged, stretched and rewarded and you will make a very real contribution to aviation.
This role can be based in Wellington or Auckland by agreement.
Qualifications and Experience
Essential – the position holder must have:
• Holds, or has held, an Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) or equivalent pilot licence and type ratings suitable for the aircraft type(s) the inspector will deal with.
• Extensive command experience on the aircraft types, or their equivalent, operated by the airlines, or operators the inspector will deal with.
• Comprehensive knowledge of aircraft navigation and performance applicable for the aircraft types the inspector will deal with.
• Professional and technical credibility based on experience, qualifications and knowledge.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills; with an ability to foster respectful relationships, effectively communicate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders in a confident and positive manner.
• An understanding of the requirements for safe air transport operations, including large and/or complex organisations.
• Highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision and the flexibility to handle change and reprioritise work.
• Core Microsoft Office Suite and email user.
Desirable – it is advantageous if the position holder has:
• Preferred competency assessment and/or training experience within an airline.
• Airline (or equivalent) Jet experience.
• Experience in conducting audits or inspections that involve safety/quality/risk management systems or safety investigation.
• Experience with and sound understanding of Safety Management Systems (SMS) or Quality Management Systems (QMS), and the ICAO Safety Management Systems.
• Ideally has Airline Management experience.
• An understanding of the NZ Civil Aviation legislative and regulatory framework and other statutory requirements.
If this sounds like your next challenge and you have the relevant skills and experience please apply now.