Responsible for delivering effective and efficient training analysis, design, development and delivery of training solutions covering Air Traffic Control and Flight Operations, to meet the customer's needs and requirements of the TSI.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
A Diploma or equivalent in Air Traffic Control.
English Language ability to IELTS 6.0 or equivalent achieved within the last 2 years for non-native speakers.
Graduate of an advanced military training school or a civilian training establishment and have experience across the full range of Air Traffic Control duties.
A recognised formal instructor qualification.
Experience in teaching / instructional and ability to deliver course material in clear and appropriately graded English is essential.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Direct and lead specialist training functions and conduct specialist training in support of TSI.
* Ensure the general welfare of students in assigned areas during training activities and monitor their performance so that each individual achieves maximum progress towards the training objectives
* Carry out analysis, design, production, development and delivery of new and existing training courses, ensuring they are aligned to meet the customer's needs in terms of time, cost and specification. Research, write and validate advanced training notes Deliver/Supervise practical based OJT / training consolidation.
* Provide specialist training inputs as a subject matter expert to the bidding process in response to customer enquiries and training proposals.
* Specify, design and develop appropriate and effective training aids - including computer aided instruction and advanced desktop training systems - to ensure course delivery within TSI, the customers' training facilities, or in line with contractual deliverables
* Produce training support materials - including curriculum, training objectives, syllabuses, course plans, and assessment and evaluation methods - to satisfy customers' training requirements
* Maintain and review the required levels of technical expertise to ensure compatibility with technical advances and in line with current and developing needs.
* Conduct cadet assessment and evaluation exercises and implement remedial action as required.
* Plan, control and deliver assigned courses, and contribute support to cross-discipline courses/investigations, ensuring requirements are delivered to plan.
* To counsel students with regard to their academic performance or behaviour as required.
* To maintain classroom procedures as published in the TSI. Such procedures will include the maintenance of discipline
* To keep abreast of developments in his subject and be willing to attend staff development courses as required by the RSAF or Company
* Detailed understanding of the design and operation of complex and integrated systems, enabling theoretical and practical applications to be utilised in both training and operational environments (e.g. sufficient to teach detailed maintenance procedure, fault diagnosis and defect rectification)
* Operation of complex training aids and simulators
* Supervisory ability within an operational training environment
* Sound business awareness. Good interpersonal skills to be able to teach specialist skills and knowledge across a range of cultures, status, intellect and technical ability
* Well motivated, adaptable and flexible to enable the job holder to operate in a highly complex technical environment, where the integration of a wide range of skills is necessary to ensure the prime objectives are met, with the minimum of supervision
The job-holder will take direction and support from the Senior Specialist Instructor -ON Aircraft in discharging the above responsibilities to satisfy project timescales and customer expectations.
The job-holder will be responsible for planning and co-ordinating the necessary technical information as required to support the delivery of the course materials and ensuring that they are delivered in accordance with current documents and procedures.
Basic - £3403.87
OSA - £667.62
Pension 9% of basic - £306.34