There is currently an exciting opportunity available for an individual experienced in the Air Freight, Transport & Customs field to join a Global Aviation business. This role will be key in ensuring the continued success and growth of the organisation by ensuring the day to day implementation of eport/import procedures are managed as well as resolving compliance issues and ensuring customer needs are met.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Verify documents for completeness and compliance in line with applicable laws and regulations
- Resolves all freight issues including credit, damage and delivery discrepancies with carriers on a timely basis
- Assists the shipping department on hazardous material packing procedure and IATA regulation
- Approve freight invoices to be paid
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the team, department, company and the wider aviation network
This role would be part of the wider Logistics team, however, is a stand-alone position you would be the main point of contact dealing with multiple teams including; Operations, Warehousing, Freight Forwarders and Customers. So would suit an individual who enjoys working with a variety of people, as well as having a sound knowledge in Air Freight, Export/ Import Regulation, IATA Hazardous Material Certification would be prepared. This role would be based in Gatwick with travel to Europe. A proficiency in Dutch would also be a distinct advantage.
For more information, please apply at your earliest convenience.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.