Role: Air Ambulance Captain (Rotary)
We are looking to recruit a HEMS Pilot,
As a continuing part of the expansion in capability for Wales Air Ambulance, our client is looking to recruit pilots for its Air Ambulance and HEMS role at Cardiff. The role will expand from its current service provision into full 24hr Operations, conducting HEMS and Air Ambulance duties by both Day and Night, including the use of NVIS and requires the successful candidate to live within 25 miles / 45 minutes of Cardiff Tremorfa Heliport.
With a fleet of 32 helicopters from bases across England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland they have been providing dedicated air ambulance support for more than 20 years and their police helicopters have been supporting UK communities for almost a decade. They constantly invest in new aircraft, equipment and training to ensure the consistent capability to deliver safe, dependable operational excellence at all times. What do I need to do the role?
You’ll need to hold an EASA ATPL(H)
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have experience in the following areas.
- 1000 hours pilot in command of aircraft of which 500 hours is pilot in command on twin turbine helicopters; or
- 1000 hours as co-pilot in HEMS/ Police operations of which 500 hours is as pilot in command under supervision and 100 hours pilot in command of twin turbine helicopters.
- 2000 hours minimum total helicopter experience.
- 500 hours operating experience in twin turbine helicopters
- 20 hours VFR at night as pilot in command.
- Accredited Level 5 English verbal & written, Driving License, Passport, Rights to Work in the UK.
Candidates would also ideally:
- Be qualified and instrument rated on both the EC135 and EC145
- Current or recent Air Ambulance/HEMS experience.
- Have experience of NVIS operations.
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be a British citizen, European Economic Area (EEA) national, a Commonwealth Citizen or Foreign National with no restrictions on your stay in the UK.
If you are interested in this role and meet the qualifying requirements please contact me to discuss this opportunity in complete confidence.