7 months ago
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For 100 years the company has engineered the success of its customers in a wide range of diversified industrial and aerospace markets.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker’s success.
Customer Support Operations
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER SENIOR – China Req 11206
Job Location: Shanghai, China
Responsible for formulating, leading, and implementing successful aftermarket business development capture strategies in China supporting Divisions and in country facilities within the Aerospace Group that provides long term growth. Takes the lead to collaborate with the Account Management and Customer Response team to increase market share and retain both commercial aftermarket customers by leveraging Parker’s capabilities. Acts as a liaison between the team, customers, Divisions, and Aerospace Group leadership.
Responsible for Bookings and Sales targets established by Parker Aerospace for its divisions including its in country MRO facilities.
1. Leads customer interaction at the most senior levels with the ability to influence customer’s strategies to benefit Parker’s growth strategies.
2. Working with key division and in country stakeholders to develop, recommend and pursue new business opportunities.
3. Develops and maintains relationships with customers to gain knowledge of future market and customer needs, recommending in country component capability needs to continuously grow Parker’s business.
4. Develops and manages proposals and contracts of moderate to large scope and high complexity to attract the customer and provide an acceptable level of return to the company. Researches customer requirements and translates them into development opportunities. Develops strategies and solutions for contracts opened for re-negotiation during the contract period.
5. Directs and generates business opportunities for a division and across multiple divisions. Develops and implements divisional, market and regional aftermarket strategies for domestic and international programs. Determines the need for cross-division teaming and external strategic partner/alliances to gain business.
6. Supports the Account Management team in customer negotiations. Holds regular meetings with the team to develop strategic and tactical plans, and to monitor customer and competitor status.
7. Conducts competitive research, evaluates sales performance, and formulates goals and milestones for specific products and systems. Applies thorough understanding of Parker and competitor products, technical capabilities, operational capacity, and market intelligence to influence future plans and strategies.
8. Collaborates with internal stakeholders and customers to resolve cost, product quality, delivery, and performance concerns within and across divisions on existing and new opportunities. Stays in close contact with division teams to enable rapid turnaround solutions.
9. Identifies and creates capture strategies to align multiple divisions to pursue growth opportunities taking responsibility for action item oversight over extended capture phases.
10. Maintains an extensive network of industry contacts (suppliers, customers, competitors) in target market to retain and capture new business. Takes steps to protect and safeguard Parker’s reputation and intellectual property.
11. Develops team objectives by reviewing customer requirements and conferring with management teams.
12. Acts as prime consultant to management on significant issues. Shares specialized knowledge with others; may serve as a mentor.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending seminars, reviewing trade and technical publications, establishing professional networks, participating in professional associations, and attending industry trade shows.
Develops and maintains a strong and positive relationship with regulatory authorities in China. Supports Parker divisions, domestically and internationally, in obtaining and maintenance of CAAC regulator certifications
– Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Marketing, Engineering, or related field. Preference would be for candidates to have both and engineering and business education.
– Ten or more years of increasingly responsible aerospace experience, including five or more years of high-level account management, customer relationship management experience, or project and customer program management with established contacts.
– Thorough knowledge of industry practices, company and competitor products, technology, and service capabilities, and U.S. and International regulations and policies related to marketing and business development for aftermarket, airline, military or OEM customers.
– Comprehensive understanding of contractual terms and financial modeling (e.g. pricing; evaluation of RFQ’s)
– Thorough knowledge of program management principles and related business processes and procedures, including technical and business proposal development.
– Background with and specialized knowledge of domestic customer budgeting, procurement regulations processes and procedures.
– Ability to translate customer desires and projected requirements into business development strategies and develop solutions to customer problems
– Effectively resolves issues at the appropriate division working level. Communicates in an effective manner with internal and external Division Leadership.
– Ability to develop and respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
– Effectively and persuasively present information to customers, Division and Group leadership and customer executives.
– Overnight, long-distance travel may be required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word or PDF format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Job ID #11206. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is recommended.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.