9 months ago
Thrust Reversers (Tulsa, OK)
Applies basic, intermediate and some advanced technical skills and knowledge related to the performance of various production operations to assemble and / or repair aerostructure parts, components, subsystems and operating systems composed of metallic and / or nonmetallic material.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
Performs tasks that are simple to moderately complex requiring some skill, experience and judgment to determine plans and actions required from standard procedural alternatives for completion of the fabrication of detail parts and subassemblies of aircraft structures, parts and components.
Performs multiple tasks that include non-routine and non-repetitive assembly functions following established methods and procedures. May review production and process documentation from production scheduling and planning and assist in expediting the flow of material, parts and assemblies.
Reads work instructions including production planning, engineering drawings, full size Mylar layouts, process specifications and other technical documentation to insure proper detail configuration.
Determines dimensions to layout holes patterns, install clips, brackets, nut plates and like items.
Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material with or without templates or shop aides to develop or back drill hole patterns on composite, sheet metal and mechanical parts. Trims sheet metal and composite parts to fit and files, grinds, deburrs, buffs, and smoothes surfaces.Installs assemblies in assembly jigs, fixtures or other tooling according to work instructions.
Assembles parts into subassemblies and final assemblies using basic hand tools such as, drill motors, die grinders, sanders, polishers, rivet shavers and other like tools. Drills holes of varying sizes in detail parts and subassemblies according to work instructions. Installs blind rivets, Jo-Bolts, hilocks, huck bolts, solid rivets and bolts, drives and bucks rivets to attach and assemble detail parts to structural parts and complete subassemblies to written and verbal work instructions.
Inspects completed assemblies for conformance to specifications. Completes and maintains necessary paperwork for documenting processes performed.
Ancillary Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Performs other duties as required. These duties may include assignments in job classifications other than the primary assignment.
Formal Education, Training and Work Experience: Experience may be substituted for the formal education and training requirements in this section at the discretion of management. High school diploma or G.E.D. and two (2) or more years of experience in major aircraft structural assembly. The CPP skills matrix which is applicable to this job title will be used to determine if the applicant meets the experience requirements stated herein.
Stakeholder Behavioral Standards: All Stakeholders: Integrity, Teamwork, Communications, Customer Focus, Initiative and willingness to assist and transfer technical knowledge to less experienced Stakeholders.
Level of Supervision Required:
Works with regular supervision. Follows standard written or oral instructions. May need additional assistance for more complex tasks.
Special Job Requirements, Licenses or Certifications:
* Must be able to read and write the English language and learn to interpret and comprehend company policies, procedures, safety instructions, work instructions, engineering specifications, Material Safety Data Sheets, and other like documents used in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
* Read and interpret blueprints.
* Knowledgeable of rivet standard sizes and corresponding drill size.
* Capable of installing blind rivets, Jo-Bolts, hilocks, huck bolts, solid rivets and bolts.
* The following statement is only applicable if the job function will also be performed under the division’s repair station certificate. Have either – a minimum of 18 months practical experience in the procedures, practices, inspection methods, materials, tools, machine tools, and equipment generally used in the maintenance duties of the specific job for which the person is to be employed and certified; or completed formal training that is acceptable to the Administrator and is specifically designed to qualify the applicant for the job on which the applicant is to be employed.
* Safety training as required by OSHA.
* Obtains all job specific or specialized certifications as required.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the Stakeholder is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The Stakeholder frequently is required to move from one place to another and reach with hands and arms. The Stakeholder must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Travel between facilities. Must be able to work in excess of eight (8) hours per day and five (5) days per week, if required. NRD only: Must be able to ascend and descend stairs.
Work Environment: Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, noise, temperature and other elements in the shop area. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Mental Requirements: Work in stressful situations and handle multiple priorities. Demonstrate interpersonal, organizational and communication skills to interact effectively with other people both inside and outside the company.
Days to be Worked: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Hours: 05:00AM- 03:30PM
Functional Group: Manufacturing