10 months ago
Part-time Aerospace Source Inspector needed to perform 3rd party source inspections on behalf of Unitek's client at their Suppliers. Looking for candidates located on Long Island, however, candidates must be willing to travel to the surrounding states to support as a backup when the local primary inspector is unavailable. This includes but not limited to: PA, NJ, CT, and MA.
Candidates must have:
* Minimum three years inspection experience.
* The ability to perform in-process and final source inspections including first article inspections per AS9102. Source Inspector will have Customer signature authority on FAIRs.
* The ability to read and understand complex engineering drawings, specifications, geometric dimensioning and tolerances per ANSI/ASME Y 14.5.
* The ability to perform mechanical measurement for verifying the compliance of complex machined, formed, and assembled aircraft/engine components.
* The ability to support urgent production requirements with minimal advance notification (avg. 24-48 hrs.).
* Candidates must complete a drug screening and criminal background check.
* Have a high school diploma or proof of equivalent education level.
* Meet visual acuity requirements (pass color vision test and score 20/30 or better in at least one eye, natural or corrected).
W-2 Contract: Indefinite as needed