3 months ago
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Windsor, Connecticut
Title: Aerospace Production Engineer
Chromalloy is an integrated solutions provider for original equipment manufacturers, commercial airlines, militaries, oil and gas companies, and power companies, delivering innovative solutions to reduce manufacturing and operating expenses and extend the life of gas turbine engines. With locations in 11 countries, Chromalloy provides coatings, authorized repairs, castings and manufacturing overhauls, partnering with manufacturers and operators alike to provide the latest, most technologically advanced solutions.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a opening to join our Engineering organization.
Day to Day:
Chromalloy is a global supplier of advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and land-based applications and repairs. The company refurbishes and manufactures engine components and designs and manufactures FAA-approved replacement parts for aircraft engines that are certified to meet or exceed the performance, reliability and durability specifications of original equipment manufacturer parts. In support of land-based vehicles, Chromalloy employs identical engineering disciplines used to produce its FAA-certified parts. Chromalloy serves commercial, military and industrial turbine engine operators worldwide.
The Aerospace Product Engineer is accountable to design, develop and implement new repair procedures and improve existing repair procedures for gas turbine engine components in compliance with company, customer and regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Define end-product requirements and related inspection procedures to ensure that product conforms to the intended design.
* Design, develop and/or improve manufacturing designs and processes in compliance with Company, customer and regulatory requirements and revise travelers as necessary.
* Provide guidance for all repair and alteration activities to the approved technical data provided in the OEM repair manuals, Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, government and industry standard practices, and other data acceptable to or approved by the applicable regulatory agencies (e.g., FAA, EASA, JCAB, CAAC, etc.).
* Coordinate and conduct required inspections to facilitate the design process.
* Establish and document standard design practices and procedures.
* Provide technical support to customer service, and manufacturing operations by designing tooling and interfacing with suppliers.
* Provide clear direction to employees on technical issues or requirements on existing and proposed changes to work specifications; Provide technical guidance as needed to assist employees with use of all tools, fixtures, inspection aids and equipment to perform their functions.
* Support production and component repair operations such as machining, grinding, EDM, welding, blending, heat treat, brazing, thermal spray, peening, surface finishing, NDT, etc.
* Prepare plans with detailed drawings that include project specifications, timelines and cost estimates.
* Review all layouts, tool reworks and tool construction as necessary to ensure consistency and repeatability of process results.
* Prepare quotations, repair proposals and reports both internally and externally as well as submitting request for technical acceptance of deviations.
* Other duties include the design, installation, and debug of tooling and capital equipment as well as performing short term and/or potential long-term R&D in accordance with direction of Engineering Manager and/or Director of Engineering.
* Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
What you will do:
* Individual must be able to perform in a high change environment with changing and variable production demands
* Individual must be able to come up with solutions and efficiences to increase the capability of Engineering support to the Operation
* Individual must be able to partner closely with operations employees to respond to operations constraints
What you need to succeed:
Safety Mindset: Work safely by following all health, safety and environmental rules and policies.
Integrity: Demonstrate high ethical standards and integrity as set forth in our Code of Business Conduct and our Principles of Business Conduct, Policies and Procedures.
Collaboration: Ability to effectively participate in a team environment that promotes the company’s goals and objectives.
Written and Verbal Comprehension: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions delivered in written, oral, or diagram form; Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Problem Solving: Ability to solve problems using appropriate mathematical and critical thinking skills.
Continuous Improvement & Commitment to Quality:Continually look for ways to increase efficiency and productivity, while maintaining the required level of quality
* A Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical or Manufacturing).
* A MINIMUM of three (3) years, hands-on experience in a manufacturing facility (preferably aerospace).
* Experience / familiarity with Bridgeport manual/vertical milling machines as well as horizontal and vertical turret lathes (CNC experience a plus).
* Well versed in GD&T as well as dimensional layout techniques.
* Ability to read, write, speak, and effectively communicate in English.
* Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office.
* Working knowledge of 3D CAD modeling (NX preferred) and best practices.
* Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to improve overall processes related to scheduling, problem solving and program management.
* Experience with product/process development/repair of gas turbine engine components.
* Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
* General knowledge of computer coding languages (Visual Basic, Fortran, ETC.)
* History of progressive responsibility.
* Familiarity with OEM gas turbine engine overhaul and repair manuals, FAA regulations and/or other airworthiness regulations / directives.
* Familiarity with various measuring techniques including CMM, white-light/laser scanning, gauges, etc. and their use in developing designs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally: Sit, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Regularly: Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Frequently: Stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, and reach with hands and arms. Use hands to type, handle, or feel. Close vision, distance vision, and focus adjustment. Initial hearing and vision exams must be successfully passed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to a typical office environment. The employee may also occasionally be exposed to moderate cold and moderate heat. Regular exposure to the production facility includes loud noise, fumes, and moving equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Chromalloy has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.