3 months ago
Dynetics, an employee-owned company, is seeking a talented Aerospace Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Candidate will perform aerospace engineering roles related to air vehicle applications. This role will involve work on fast-paced, multi-disciplinary teams involving flight-related programs of various types (UAS, manned aircraft, munitions, missiles, etc). Near-term activities will focus on modelling and simulation of UAS flight dynamics and controls for various systems. This position may require travel for meetings and test events.
A Bachelor's degree in Aerospace/Aerodynamic Engineering with 1-10 years of applicable experience is preferred. Applicants with Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or other Engineering degrees and a strong interest in aerospace modeling/simulation will also be considered.
* Candidates must possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal) suitable for interfacing with a wide range of customers
* Candidate must demonstrate a history of successful collaboration in team environments working closely with multidisciplinary teams.
* Candidate must have experience with Matlab and basic programming concepts.
* Candidate must be an eager and fast learner.
* Candidate must possess knowledge or have a willingness to learn air vehicle modeling and simulation, systems integration, ground and flight test planning/execution, and systems engineering.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
A Master's degree is a plus.
Experience with the following is beneficial:
* UAS operations
* UAS systems
* Counter UAS
* Aircraft flight dynamics
* Guidance, navigation, and control
* Propulsion systems
* Requirements tracking
* Hands-on experience with aviation platforms
* Flight testing
* Hardware in the loop simulation (HWIL Simulation)
* Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Job Number: 01.02.02-266
Closing Date: 01/06/2019