4 months ago
Aerospace Electronic/Electromechanical Assembler II
Business Unit Collins Aerospace
Req IDDate posted 05/18/City Phoenix
Country/Region United States
United States of America
HAZ10: Interiors (Lighting) - Phoenix 3414 S 5th Street, Phoenix, AZ, 85040 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
The Assembler will perform a variety of manual or machine assembly tasks such as, soldering, wiring, assembling, torqueing, potting and coating Printed Wiring Board (PWB) or electro-mechanical assemblies in Aerospace manufacturing.
* Assemble a variety of electronic and electro-mechanical units using proper assembly techniques per IPC 610 and J-Std specifications
* Identify correct parts, components, wires and other materials by part markings, color codes, container labels, etc.
* Utilize a variety of hand tools (manual and power)
* Solder electronic components
* Perform manual and semi-automated wiring operations (cutting, stripping, tinning, soldering and crimping)
* Measure, mix, and apply a variety of chemicals and adhesives
* Perform measurements using basic measuring instruments
* Read and interpret assembly instructions, process instructions and engineering standards
* Utilize computer systems (e.g. work instructions, labor charging, and standards)
* Check and verify per work instructions
* Follow proper material handling and packaging techniques to avoid damage
* Follow work priorities to accomplish production goals
* Recognize and take steps to resolve assembly/work area issues
* Follow housekeeping requirements
* Maintain accurate records of all work performed (e.g. labor charging, verification, assembly data, shop order paperwork)
* Communicate and interact with others in a professional, polite and cooperative manner
* Report to work as scheduled on time
* Comply with all company policies and procedures to include but not limited to Business Ethics, Employee Code of Conduct, Work Hours & Pay Practices, and Environmental Health & Safety
* Transport product with or without product carts Lift up to 35 pounds unassisted (anything > 35 lbs requires lift device/buddy-system)
* Sit at workbench/machines for extended periods of time (e.g. entire shift)
* Stand at workbench/flow line/machines for extended periods of time (e.g. entire shift)
* Bend, stoop, reach, turn as required (e.g. picking up totes, placing units on racks)
* Use hands for extended periods of time (e.g. entire shift) to perform assembly (e.g. grasping, holding, picking, placing, twisting, fine manipulation)
* Utilize magnification devices for extended periods of time (e.g. entire shift) to perform verification, assembly & soldering
* Distinguish colors and meet vision requirements
* Working with chemicals and adhesives that may emit fumes to include but not limited to: masking material, tin-lead solder, cleaning solutions, Loctite, RTV, epoxy. Rosin-based flux, paint, coating material
* High School diploma or GED equivalent to knowledge, skills and abilities acquired with 12 years of general education
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.