8 months ago
STS Technical Services is hiring Aeroscience Engineers in Wichita, Kansas.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at.
Responsible for the analysis and development of Special Missions and Defense aircraft modifications across the company product line using analytic data, wind tunnel data, and flight test data. Requires coordination with multiple technical stakeholders. In this position, the candidate will work closely with IPT members (such as Program Management, Technical Engineering, Manufacturing, Planning, Supply Chain, & Quality Assurance) to achieve the desired design requirements and objectives.
Integrate Special Missions equipment on a variety of aircraft platforms for missions including the following:
* Intelligence/Surveillance/Reconnaissance, Aerial Survey, Air Ambulance, Flight Inspection, Float Operations, Parachute, Maritime Patrol, Search & Rescue, Training, Utility/Transport
* The variety of tasks within the Aerosciences organization can include analysis of aircraft loads, performance, and handling qualities
* Will involve the development of simulation models and tools using a variety of in house programs as well as FORTRAN, MATLAB, C++ and MATHCAD codes on LINUX workstations and PC’s
* Contribute to the development and certification of significant engineering projects
* Participate in the entire development process, from early advanced design efforts to final certification activity
* Collaborate with other engineering disciplines such as Advanced Design, Mass Properties, Flight Controls, Propulsion, Engineering Flight Test, Stress, and Fatigue
* Apply knowledge of 14 CFR Part 23 and Part 25 regulations to insure all critical design and certification analyses have been performed
* Document results in memos and certification reports for transmittal to internal customers and certification authorities
* At least 2 years of related experience
* Bachelor’s Degree in: Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical degree
* A&P and/or pilot’s license is beneficial
* Military experience is beneficial
* Ability to work ITAR restricted programs (U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident)
* Ability to work under only general direction. Must be able to work independently to complete a project or work and coordinate as part of team assigned to complete a specific project on schedule. Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
* Experience in the configuration development of new and derivative aircraft with relevant experience in aerodynamic analysis, which includes, but is not limited to, the collection and reduction of wind tunnel data, the development of theoretical aerodynamic models, CFD, utilizing simulation tools to perform trajectory analysis, calculating aircraft performance, or determining aircraft handling characteristics.
* Programming background is beneficial.
* Experience with 3D modeling and drafting using CATIA V5 file based/Enovia and/or CATIA V6/Enovia is beneficial
* Experience with Special Missions and/or Military systems and equipment is beneficial
* Experience with the Beechcraft King Air and/or Citation Longitude is beneficial
* Knowledge of FAA and/or Military processes and procedures to support certification and system qualification is beneficial
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call. .
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.