5 months ago
Job Title: AERIA Luxury Interiors - Avionics Technician (Contract Only)
Job Description: SUMMARY:
Responsibilities of the Avionics Technician (Completions) include performing alteration using the methods, techniques, and practices prescribed in the current Drawings provide for interior modifications, manufacturer’s maintenance manual or instructions, or other methods, techniques, and practices contained in the company manual system; using the tools, equipment, and test apparatus, within current calibration, to assure completion of the work is in accordance with regulations and high standards. AERIA Luxury Interiors, the VIP interiors division of ST Aerospace, San Antonio, to minimize delays and increase production and efficiency.
1. Provides technical expertise and guidance while performing various operational, functional tests and repairs of avionics/electronic, aircraft equipment and systems to ensure a defect free aircraft.
2. Provides technical expertise in testing, troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies to ensure minimum schedule impact.
3. Demonstrates technical expertise by defining and implementing process changes to reduce cost and meet schedule without compromising Safety or Quality.
4. Demonstrates the knowledge skills required to fill in for the supervisor thus ensuring that the company goals of Safety and Quality are enforced all times while adhering to daily work plans to maintain schedule requirements.
5. Make available the necessary technical data, blueprints, wiring diagrams, service bulletins, airworthiness directives and any other required data.
6. Maintain all shop equipment and tools in a serviceable and working condition. Ensure that tooling and equipment assigned to you is calibrated as required per applicable FAA requirements.
7. Ascertain that all necessary work records are properly executed by the responsible mechanic.
8. Maintain the premises of the Repair Station in a clean and orderly manner.
9. Be responsible for the proper handling of all parts while in repair process and the preservation of all units or parts during process through the shop and after work is completed.
10. Comply with the setup of ground support and test equipment for ground and flight testing in support of FAA STC programs.
11. Initiate requisitions for stock and materials required.
Demonstrates technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting. Provides training to personnel to support company cross-training goals while ensuring a safety conscience, quality oriented, skilled workforce. Comply with the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system. Comply with quality and efficiency of all installations: troubleshoots and teaches troubleshooting processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems. Demonstrates the skills and knowledge required to effective and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity. Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring. Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability. Demonstrates through diligent compliance the importance of daily logs and other paperwork. Ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented. As required, pre-inspects work of others prior to submitting to inspection for approval to reduce rework and inspection time. Provides the knowledge and technical expertise in testing and maintaining test equipment and electronic systems and components as required. Maintains required logs and records. Adapts to sudden schedule changes. Coordinates with other disciplines concerning projects.
The Avionic Technician performs the duty assignment by the Lead Technician and is limited only by policies set by administrative or legislative authority. The successful candidate in this position must be a self- starter and require little supervision to obtain departmental goals.
INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS: A strong level of interpersonal skills is required to maintain an effective relationship among employees, various departments, management.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT: Essential responsibilities are performed in a mix of a climate controlled office hangar or in the aircraft. Must be able to function in a busy and goal oriented environment, strive to meet short deadlines, maintain numerous projects simultaneously, some long work hours required due to schedule requirements.
EDUCATION: - High School graduate/GED.
- A & P license, FCC license or NCATT certification preferred.
Six (2) years’ experience in an avionics/electrical career field; or two (2) years of accredited schooling in
Aviation electronics and four (2) years related experience.
A college degree, is desired but not required. An equivalent level of experience in avionics fabrication, installation, testing and troubleshooting is required for this position. Strong background in processes and procedures relative to VIP interiors and outfitting is required.
Must be willing to work overtime
Must be legally authorized to work in the USA
Must understand, read and write English
Strong problem solving, attention-to-detail and analytical skills
Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills utilizing sound judgment and a “can-do" attitude.
Date Posted: 1/22/2019
Closing Date: Until Filled