about 1 year ago
Delta Air Lines, Inc., seeks an Advisory Developer Architect.
As part of Delta's Information Technology Enterprise Services, the Operational Data and Events (ODE) team is responsible for the delivery and support of critical server-based real time backend systems to assure the fail-safe flow of data and content into Delta's business applications. We are responsible for sourcing and persisting data into Enterprise Operational Data Stores and for delivering events to application clients in almost all of Delta's business areas and around the globe.
Our team designs build and support Windows Server-based middleware applications and systems. Real-time flight, passenger, crew and baggage data, and events are provided to Delta's flight automation systems, management teams, and Operation Control Center 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The applications we support are integrated to present a unified "Enterprise View" of real-time data from multiple disparate systems, both internal and external.
We are looking for an experienced Advisory Developer Architect to play a big part in helping drive the change and strategy of our Real time technology platform while working with a variety of ever changing and interesting technologies. This person will help lead the team in design and development of a Next Generation set of ODE applications using the latest technologies. The Advisory Developer Architect is responsible for Technical Design, Architecture, Development, Enhancements and Support for ODE systems. The Advisory Developer plays the Domain Architect's role on projects, defining best-suited technology. This position will be in Atlanta.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Serve as the technical leader in both the development and maintenance of on-demand data and eventing systems, including a Next Generation suite of ODE applications. Collaborate with IT Leaders, Architects; IT partners across the organization from a strategic and tactical perspective to set direction to produce & support quality software and underlying infrastructure
- Accountable for the technical integrity of the ODE systems. Know the systems' tool set with enough depth to reframe client requirements in the best manner to be accomplished by the solution and/or work with the development team to extend capabilities. Be responsible for the overall technical quality of the ODE systems.
- Ability to share and communicate ideas, both face-to-face and in writing to people at various levels within Delta IT in a clear, concise and easy-to-understand manner. Provide appropriate level of detail for a given audience.
- Identify and translate system requirements into a prescribed architecture blueprinting and guide process by building/maintaining the necessary project artifacts
- Provide technical leadership in all phases of the application lifecycle & lead several large projects in parallel for a large development team
- Collaborate with various technical team across the IT organization on projects and infrastructure changes which may impact ODE systems and coordinate implementations
- Lead ODE high severity incidents 24x7 and be responsible and communicate resolution including short and long term remediation
- Mentor directly or coordinate mentoring of Technical Leads
- Ensure development practices follow industry and enterprise Delta IT standards
- Be in the office, travel on short notice as dictated by the business need
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- BS/MS degree, preferably in a technical or scientific field
- 10 years of software and development with hands-on experience in building reliable and scalable enterprise software solutions
- Highly effective communicator and team player who can collaborate across all stakeholders
- Experience with cloud-based technologies and computing, Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Experience working with enterprise services and globally dispersed development, IT Support and testing teams both onshore and offshore whose systems are mission critical, high availability and high performance
- Experienced with Agile & Waterfall development and DevOps delivery concepts, frameworks and approaches
- Experienced with web services and microservices driven architecture and platforms
- Broad experience and demonstrated knowledge with multiple hardware and software environments, including complex heterogeneous systems
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with APIs, messaging and middleware technologies
- Broad experience and demonstrated knowledge in the following: traditional RDBMS such as Oracle, including RAC and Exadata, distributed Cache and In-Memory Database, MS Windows Server, MS Visual Studio, C#,.NET, Tibco EMS (similar JMS compliant SW), Rendezvous, Tibco Business Events, TIBCO Business Works, Hawk, Source control and Defect management
- Experience leading technical team who support 'always on & always available', distributed, fault-tolerant backend systems. The ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of Object Oriented Programming concepts and system development lifecycle.
- Self-motived and proactive with minimal supervision and can drive and take ownership
- Ability and demonstrated experience in managing multiple, parallel work and meeting committed completion dates
- Can prioritize the work and communicate with various stakeholders to manage the expectations
- Experience running multiple concurrent tasks with high attention to detail
- Ability to define, collect and report on metrics to present management a clear picture of the overall health of production and lower level environments
- Always project a positive, persevering, can-do attitude despite obstacles and challenges.
- Be inspiring and motivating to the team and those around you.
- Be able to facilitate and coordinate work sessions such as design discussions, brainstorming sessions, problem solving discussions, technical bridge calls, etc....Have ability to bring the group to consensus and manage differing ideas and opinions
- Be objective, factual and complete in all communication
- Always demonstrate good judgment in weighing options, making decisions and taking action that are in the best interest of Delta Air Lines, Inc.
WHAT ELSE? / BONUS POINTS
- Highly motivated, inquisitive, collaborative, creative, proactive, and excellent communication are non-technical skills that will fit best in our environment
- The work we need to do will change from week to week as we complete projects and take on new assignments. Flexibility and coping with change will be constant so being accomplished at negotiating a rapidly changing technology environment and a recognition that this is how an agile program operates will be a great advantage.
- Functional knowledge of the airline business or airline IT processes is a plus
- An eye for detail
Delta Air Lines, Inc., develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.