6 months ago
Delta IT is on a journey to becoming the best IT organization in the airline industry, a journey of transformation. We are changing the way we do business from top to bottom as we strive to create meaningful and innovative solutions and are looking for team members to help us realize our vision.
You, our Delta employees are thinkers, doers, innovators. We are proactive. We are collaborative. We deliver impact to our customers. Lets continue on our transformation journey in becoming a world-class IT organization while continually working at the world's best airline!
The Advisory Developer is responsible for contributing to the Crew Systems design, software development, and overall product life-cycle for a product that our users love. Our team designs and builds robust solutions which align with Delta's flexible, modular Crew Modernization road-map.
We are looking for an experienced Advisory Developer to play a significant part in driving technology deliverables to completion while working with a variety of technologies. This person will help lead the team in design and development for multiple initiatives, and is responsible for Technical Design, Architecture, Development, Enhancements and Support for several Crew systems. The Advisory Developer plays the Domain Architect's role on projects, defining refined and complete solutions.
- Serve as a technical leader in both the development and maintenance of applications within Crew, including creation and implementation on code standards and reviews
- Collaborate with IT Leaders, Architects, and IT partners across the organization from a strategic and tactical perspective to set direction to produce & support quality software solutions
- Accountable for the technical integrity of the Crew systems
- Ability to share and communicate ideas, both face-to-face and in writing to people at various levels within Delta in a clear, concise and contextual manner
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions.
- Identify and translate system requirements into a prescribed architecture blueprint, and guide the process to completion by building/maintaining the necessary technical artifacts.
- Identify unsecured code areas and implements fixes as they are discovered with or without tooling.
- Identifies, implements, and shares technical solutions that can be used across the organization.
- Research and/or investigate technical issues impacting the organization and recommend solutions.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends through bench-marking, participation in professional associations etc. in order to advise others of strategic technology direction.
- Proactively reviews the Performance and Capacity of all aspects of production: code, infrastructure, data, and message processing.
- Participates and leads learning activities around agile software development and development core practices.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
The Advisory Developer position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field. 5+ years of technical lead experience with hands-on experience in building reliable and scalable enterprise software solutions.
-Experience in modern micro service based architectures and methodologies.
-Experience in a TDD/CI/CD and DevOps practices.
-Experience in Java/J2EE coding, and spring framework.
-Experience in a front-end technology framework such as Angular 2+
-Experience in version control systems (preferably Git).
-Experience in working with 12-factor methodology and understanding its benefits, and able to demonstrate appropriate patterns to more junior team members.
-Extensive experience in software development using Agile methodology.
-Proficient in designing and implementing RESTful web services.
-Functional knowledge of the airline business or airline IT processes is a plus.
-Experience with cloud-based technologies and computing, Platform as a Service (PaaS) such as OpenShift is a plus.
Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective.
Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setback.
Willingness to travel as required