4 months ago
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Location : Location
# of Openings
3 months ago(3/19/2019 3:36 PM)
Kaman Precision Products has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, self-motivated Advanced Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in Middletown, CT. In this role, you will be responsible for performing technical assignments to assist in research, design, development, and maintenance of automation and new products for production. Additionally, you will design and improve automation equipment, including 6-axis robots, programmable logic controllers, human-machine interface presses, conveying equipment, and pneumatic and hydraulic actuators.
If you have an interest in solving engineering problems related to production systems, strive for continuous improvement solutions and want to work with an industry leader, than this may be the position for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer with Kaman Precision Products your duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assist in new product development and introduction to production. Making sure all new designs are manufacturable and design for test and capable for automation.
* Assemble, test, and repair electrical, mechanical, and fluid systems. Resolve problems or refer for resolution any equipment issues.
* Ensure production lines meet quality, productivity and safety goals through the design, development, and maintenance of automation and electromechanical production systems.
* Assist in producibility studies to evaluate production process reliability and provide appropriate recommendations.
* Assist in the development of technical portions of new business proposals, including selection of manufacturing methods and production processes with estimated costs to implement.
* Perform make vs. buy analyses and provide related recommendations to management.
* Assist with the plan and design manufacturing processes in a high rate of production environment.
* Generate engineering changes and support with appropriate documentation.
* Assemble machine components in support of manufacturing R&D, new machine development and existing equipment.
* Prepare preliminary sketches and design drawings, engineering specifications, and reports.
* Train production personnel and technicians during new process start-ups. Produce user and maintenance manuals and related documentation.
* Manage changes to process instructions.
* Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required.
* 1 to 5 years of manufacturing and automation related experience; may include intern/co-op educational experiences.
* Broad knowledge of mechanical, electrical, industrial or automation engineering.
* Strong oral and written communication skills as well as good working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation application software needed.
* Knowledge of CNC programming, rapid prototyping, and/or 3D CAD work is a plus.
* Knowledge of networking and machine vision systems is a plus.
* Ability to obtain/maintain DOD security clearance.
* Available to travel, as required
All positions at Kaman Aerospace require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently all applicants must be US citizens or US Permanent Residents (“green card holders”) and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Kaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).