3 months ago
Administrative Support (Security Team)
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
* Providing admin support to a busy Security Team.
* The day-to-day administration of the site’s security requirements, including Data Input in to the Security Data Base, hard copy filing, dealing with Extension memos for staff and contractors.
* Preparation of Leavers Documentation, arranging appointments for Security Briefings and electronic archiving of the personnel files.
* To assist in the production of Security Letters.
* Issuing travel authorisation documentation and chasing any outstanding returns of such documents
* Completing audits of company issued USB Sticks.
* Security Office Mail box review – answering general enquiries and forwarding enquiries to Subject Matter Expert within team for response in a timely manner.
* Company database / SharePoint assistant Administrator for Security Team.
* Support the security vetting system during recruitment activities, such as gather references and conduct ID checks.
* Assist in the processing of site visitors utilising the site Visitor Management System.
* Support the team SME for outward and inward international visits, including liaison with government agencies.
* Assist in secure document destruction and the recording of such activities.
* Administration and support to other security staff tasks as and when required.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
We are looking for talented individuals with demonstrable experience in delivering complex, high value, critical components and services from suppliers. In return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path. Please note that the LMUK Ampthill working pattern is a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Prior experience in a similar administrative role.
* Confident individual who has experience of working within a small team.
* Be able to work independently; effectively prioritise their tasks, remain pro-active and flexible.
* Hold a security clearance of SC or be able to obtain a MoD Security Clearance.
* A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and able to input, search and maintain Databases.
* Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
* A capacity to build lasting stakeholder relationships.
* Administrative or relevant transferable skills.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Previous experience of UK Defence Industry security environment an advantage.
* An understanding of international security clearance processes is desirable.
* Experience in the use of MS SharePoint sites and their administration.
* Experience in conducting ID checks, particularly of documents such as passports or driving licenses.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.