6 months ago
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Senior Director, Plant General Manager, IMP Avionics and support staff, coordinates all travel arrangements and provides back-up telephone support as required.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Assist in the preparation of Proposals
* Maintain correspondence and filing systems
* Prepare correspondence
* Provide word processing services when required
* Handle all mail for Plant General Manager, IMP Avionics
* Perform routine administrative functions on behalf of Senior Director, Plant General Manager, IMP Avionics
* Coordinate staff and visitor travel requirements and prepare travel claims.
* Assist in daily financial matters (Prepare Amex and Petty Cash Claims) for Senior Director, Plant General Manager, IMP Avionics
* Provide telephone support for the staff, when required
* Other tasks as assigned.
* Minimum of five years experience in related field.
* Minimum education level of grade 12 graduation certificate.
* Excellent typing skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word and Power Point
* Excellent Customer Service Skills
* General business office practices
* Professional in manner and appearance and in dealing with others at all levels both inside and outside the company.
* Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
* Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
* Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.