8 months ago
The Safety and Training Manager trains and evaluates new hire employees on company policies and procedures as well as industry practices (NATA guidelines) with respect to operations This position conducts annual recurrent training, maintains training files, and oversees the site’s training and safety programs, ensuring compliance with the company’s policies and practices as well as industry standards (NATA).
• Communicate Atlantic standards to Line Service during training.
• Teach compliance with all company and regulatory agency policies and procedures.
• Foster a work culture based on Atlantic values, with an emphasis on safety.
• Function as a Line Service Technician or Customer Service Representative when needed.
• Promote a positive “Safety Culture”
• Maintain site practices and procedures that contribute to a safe, profitable, positive, and enjoyable work environment.
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, by promoting safe work practices, decreasing safety violations, reducing injury rates, and working cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service
• Administer and monitor Atlantic Training and Safety Plans including NATA Professional Line Service Training (PLST) Computer Based Training (CBT) Program.
• Perform NATA PLST Practical Job Training (PJT) for Line Service Technicians under Training.
• Monitor the FlightDeck, Team Site, and other publications for training updates.
• Train, coach, evaluate, and develop new hire employees in accordance with established procedures.
• Analyzes and evaluates training requirements. Researches, writes, and creates new training materials based on facility needs.
• Evaluates and updates training programs to keep current with new techniques, and aircraft manufacture recommendations.
• Organize periodic safety meetings and design other communication flows between staff and management.
• Distribute, and document distribution, of all prescribed company training and safety materials.
• Write and distribute local safety and training notices as directed by the General Manager.
• Conduct regular safety and environmental site audits to ensure compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and laws.
• Maintain site training records and internal quality assurance inspections.
• Communicate safety and training issues to the General Manager.
• When needed, perform all duties and responsibilities of a Line Service Technician.
• Be qualified to operate all aircraft ground support equipment as needed.
• Conduct annual recurrent training of all employees.
• Conduct post-accident/post-incident safety reviews of practices and employees involved. Report findings and make recommendations to the General Manager on appropriate level of discipline.
• Conduct annual recurrent training of all employees in accordance with the Atlantic Training Plan.
• Assist Line Service Supervisors in performance improvement plans for underperforming employees.
• Procure, inventory, and distribute personal protective equipment to Line Service personnel.
• Actively monitor Line Service performance and develop group training sessions as needed.
• Assist in the preparation of the OSHA 300 log.
• Communicate good housekeeping practices and uniform standards to new hire employees.
• Initiate emergency and incident response procedures as required.
• Be thoroughly familiar with Spill Reporting requirements and immediate action procedures.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment
• Two (2) years of Line Service experience.
• Completion of an OSHA” Industrial Safety” 10 or 30 Hr course.
• Valid state driver’s license and at least 18 years of age.
• NATA Certification.
• NATA or Atlantic Line Service Supervisor Training the Trainer Certification.
• Aptitude in supervising and developing staff.
• Good communication skills, both written and oral.
• Good organizational skills.
• Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Good customer relations skills required.