5 months ago
Did you ever want to work in aviation but didn’t know how to break into the industry? Do you like working in a fast-paced environment, often outdoors, around some of the most incredible professionals in the industry? Did you ever wish that you could work for a company where you could grow your career? If so, Atlantic Aviation just may be the employer for you!
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Atlantic Aviation operates the country's largest premier network of fixed base operations (FBO). With over 65 FBOs in 30 states, Atlantic provides a wide range of aircraft ground handling services including fueling and line services, ground transportation, catering, hangar, and ramp space. Our dynamic growth and outstanding customer service continue to set us apart in the aviation industry. Customer satisfaction remains at the forefront at every location. All our associates receive extensive professional training, so customers can be assured of the same high level of service, no matter which Atlantic facility they choose.
We are seeking self-motivated, safe, positive, enthusiastic, goal oriented individuals for immediate openings as Facility Maintenance at our facility located in San Jose, CA (SJC). Corporate aviation continues to be a viable means of travel for many who do not like the long lines and delays often times encountered with the airlines and many corporations are now leasing or purchasing their own private aircraft. Facility Maintenance is responsible for maintaining the facility's mechanical systems and appearance, assuring a high level of quality and service.
* Maintain facilities HVAC systems make repairs or recommend repairs to General / Property Manager.
* Repair and maintain lighting systems, plumbing fixtures, electrical systems, Fire Protection and Alarms.
* Ability to identify and inspect fire life safety sprinkler and AFFF systems.
* Maintain and restock Safety Stations, ensuring compliance with OSHA
* Maintain hangar floors and coa Make recommendations on repairs to General / Property Manager.
* Monitor and maintain hangar door motors, controls and safety alarms.
* Provide general maintenance of facility's fuel farm ensuring safety, quality control and placard
* Maintain fuel farm inspection and quality assurance records.
* Keep records of all facility maintenance Make recommendations to General / Property Manager on mechanical systems scheduled services.
* Coordinated the use of contractors for facility repairs as
* Inspect outside structures and systems such as lighting fixtures, pavement condition, security gates and fences, signs and utility Make repairs as necessary.
* Responsible for facility’s safety compliance with OSHA regulations regarding mechanical
* Provide light vehicle maintenance when necessary.
* Perform extensive painting for large offices / tenant space
* Maintain and control disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste in accordance with EPA rules and regulations.
* Perform periodic checks of all equipment and facilities and document findings.
* Ability to use a computer and smart phone.
* Must be able to write and respond to emails.
* Maintain and update security badge system as requested
* Must use heavy machinery which may include key cutting / saws / drills / compressors
* Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment / facilities as scheduled through the work order system
* Maintain janitorial inventory and order supplies as necessary
* Update and note all receipts for purchases related to Property for accounting
* Work closely with all vendors to ensure proper repairs and quotes are given to maintain facilities / equipment as needed.
* Work closely with the Property Manager to discuss or make suggestions on any major repairs / maintenance required by 3rd party
* Communication to all operational departments regarding any major repairs when appropriate
* Respond to emergency calls after hours while on call. Smart phone to be used during normal and after hours for
* Maintain ramp and parking lot on minor repairs when necessary
* Must be able to use a fork lift / floor machine / boom lift / and scissor lift
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment
* Strong working knowledge of mechanical systems, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical and fire protection
* Knowledge of all safety standards for working in and around aircraft and facilities
* Responsible for his/her personal safety as well as the safety and care of all equipment and supplies assigned
* Comply with all airport authority rules and regulations, including AOA operations and airport security requirements
* Maintain high level of safety and customer service
Atlantic Aviation…take off into your future!