4 months ago
ADA Software Engineer
Specific Job Description
This job is for a Software Engineer to work within the Software Engineering Department, performing a variety of technical functions. The Software Engineer will support a number of different programmes, with the responsibility for software design, code development and test, along with defect correction as appropriate. The Software Engineer will report to the Software Engineering Manager, and will take technical guidance from the appropriate Software Technical Lead Engineer.
The Software Engineer will be expected to perform at all levels of the software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis (functional and non-functional), software design, code development, testing and documentation. The Software Engineer will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into software design and implementation, complying with technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
For and on behalf of Lockheed Martin and as directed by Lockheed Martin Business.
* Provide software development skills to a number of software development programmes.
* Deliver software enhancements to satisfy technical requirements, within budget and to programme timescales.
* Estimate, plan and track own technical tasks, providing clear accurate and timely status reporting.
Contribute to the delivery of the Team and Project goals and objectives, through demonstrating professional and flexible proactive behaviours.
The role will not be authorized to provide services to Lockheed Martin, which are directly related to business development, acquisition, or sales efforts for a Lockheed Martin customer or potential customer. Any exception to this rule can only be granted, in advance, by the Lockheed Martin UK Business Practices representative or legal counsel representative.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience of developing and testing real-time embedded software for defence platforms.
* Excellent understanding of the principles of Software Engineering, with a proven track record of demonstrating the following skills:
* Analytical: ability to analyse a wide range of technical problems and provide imaginative and pragmatic solutions.
* Negotiation: ability to resolve issues in an effective productive manner.
* Communication: ability to produce and present convincing presentations, design documents, etc.
* Decision-making: ability to make appropriate decisions based on sound facts.
* Interpersonal: ability to work within a team of people, good listening and debating skills.
* Technical innovation: ability to achieve solutions innovatively.
* Significant experience of programming in ADA
* Experience of creating and developing software designs using a formal software design tool (ideally Enterprise Architect, or close equivalent). Must have experience of UML methodology, including a good appreciation of the diagram set.
* Adherence to process within a software development environment.
* Excellent written communication through the use of e-mail, presentation and formal reports.
* Strong drive to deliver on both personal and team commitments. Good appreciation of programme impact due to not achieving those goals.
* A self-starter, capable of working effectively without day to day supervision, requiring only general direction.
* Ability to operate effectively and efficiently within cost constraints.
* Customer-focused attitude, with the confidence to represent the organisation both internally and externally.
* Strong appreciation of sound Configuration Management and Change Control practices.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience of static and dynamic test tools.
* Experience of Interface Definition Language (IDL).
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.