Are you passionate about the aviation world and keen to be involved in a unique role with the aviation sector?
If so, this role Smart Aviation is offering is for you. It is unique, important, and a great way to learn the aviation world rapidly. You will play a pivotal role in the way Smart Aviation grows into the market.
The role is split into two parts to enable the candidate the perfect work enrichment and variety during the working day. ACMI - providing airline to airline support / sales and flight support - being Smart Aviation’s eyes and ears when in the office watching our flights across the globe.
ADHOC ACMI Sales – ACMI (Aircraft Crew Maintenance Insurance)
This is an Aircraft leasing arrangement exclusively used between two airlines whereby one airline (the lessor) provides an aircraft, crew, maintenance, and insurance (ACMI) to another airline (the lessee).
So… what does this mean?
When an airline has a technical situation (AOG / plane is not airworthy) their operation they will reach out to airlines and consultant companies requesting support to cover their AOG aircraft.
Daily Duties: -
- Supporting Head of ACMI Operations on daily duties
- Building relationships with airlines (calling/ sales visits to their HQs/ attending global events)
- Finding new business in terms of locating new/start up airlines and forming relations
- Collating aircraft availability from around the world (emailing and calling airlines)
- Marketing what availability you have gained to our customers (twice weekly, Tuesday and Friday)
- Supporting airlines when they face AOG situation across the globe, being their invisible safety net
- Reacting fast to any ACMI request, ensuring Smart Aviation is one of the first companies to reply
- Keeping our client database updated (email addresses, contact names, contact numbers)
Flight Support – Being the Smart Aviation’s team eyes and ears when in the office dealing directly with the airlines and communicating back to the sales consultants and to our clients keeping them updated on their charter flights, whilst providing a high level of customer service.
This role is pivotal to the company.
Daily Duties: -
- Checking our flight programme to see what upcoming flights we have and ensuring all is prepared. Details such as position and aircraft reg will enable you to flight watch effectively.
- Providing flight watch support using operational software to enhance our service to the client.
- Liaising with the operator
o Ensuring all is ok before the operation.
- Updating the consultant with regards to their operation
o Ensuring the consultant is fully updated at all times on their charter from the aircraft positioning to the live sector departure airport, continuing to when the plane safely lands at its final destination without passengers.
- Keeping your finger on the pulse
o Being able to foresee any potential issues.
o Being able to react fast to any issue supporting the consultant and the airline.
o Should an AOG happen on our own charter operation, providing swift ACMI support to the airline, working alongside them to ensure our flights are recovered.
- On certain occasions being one of our flight reps
o Seeing off a flight with our passengers on
§ Meeting our client and guest at the airport
§ Ensuring check in runs smoothly and airline is happy
§ Being our eyes on the ground and providing a great customer experience
o Meeting flights
§ Meeting our guests at their destination airport, be it at the start or end of their journey.
§ Making sure passengers and bags are reunited and all on their way to their final destination
o Being a flight rider
§ Being with our clients and their guests for the whole journey from start to finish, making sure their charter runs as smooth as possible and being on hand to handle any issues when they arise.
Training – Full training on all aspects of the role is provided, with live training on active flights and ACMI to give the candidate the full experience and confidence to perform the role independently
- Ability to multitask
- Effective communicator – email/phone and face to face
- Handle last second changes
- Ability to work under pressure
- Passion for the aviation world
- A second language is desirable but not essential
- Experience in the aviation Industry (ground handler, flight ops, customer service, cabin crew)
- Flexible working hours
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Comfortable to make decisions in high pressured situations