4 months ago
Reporting to the Manager, Finance, Asia-Pacific, the Accountant will be responsible for the Accounts Payable and Finance functions in the Regional shared service hub, assisting and reporting to the Manager, Finance.
* The Accountant, Finance fully coordinates the accounts payable function, including processing supplier invoices, expenses reports, payroll and tax payments;
* Perform accounts reconciliation;
* Prepare and file Goods and Services Tax reports, indirect withholding payroll tax reconciliation;
* Assist with the general ledger accounting for monthly/year end accounting (such as expenses amortization of prepaids, costs accrual, check and analyse the profit and loss; balance sheet accounts reconciliations);
* Ensure full compliance with the Financial policies, correct implementation of IATA accounting policies and procedures;
* Assist in internal and external audits and liaise with external auditors, banks, suppliers and internal stakeholders; and
* Assist any ad-hoc matters or projects assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
* University degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or another related discipline;
* Minimum 2 years of accounting experience; whilst audit background is an advantage;
* Experience in handling overseas accounts or working within a finance shared service centre;
* Experience in accounts reconciliation;
* Ability to meet deadlines, possession of a meticulous working style and a team player;
* Strong PC skills, particularly in MS Office, Excel and Word, whilst AP-GL SAP experience would be preferred; and
* Fluency in English, both written and spoken is essential; knowledge of another language would be an asset.
At the heart of IATA are our Values and Behaviors. We all have different personalities, styles and areas of expertise, but you’ll recognize us by the consistent way we act and behave in line with our Values and Behaviors. We are looking for people who bring them to life in everything they do – they are:
* Act with integrity and uphold our standards
* Think strategically in support of the global big picture
* Partner and manage to create high performing teams
* Putting people first by acting with a simple human touch
Here at IATA we are proud of being a Diverse & Inclusive Organization – we have people from all over the world working in our offices, and we extend this to our recruiting practices. We are a meritocratic organization and an equal opportunity employer.