6 months ago
Org Marketing Statement
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For 100 years the company has engineered the success of its customers in a wide range of diversified industrial and aerospace markets.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker’s success.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT OPERATIONS – Irvine, CA
Account Manager for International Military Business Req 11602
1. Develops and implements plans to market military spares and repairs to key new or existing customers. Plans, coordinates, and prepares proposals of diverse scope and complexity in response to customer's request for proposal (RFP). Acts as primary customer interface with Premier and Select customers by developing and maintaining on-going long-term relationships and through periodic customer scorecard reviews.
2. Serves as the customer’s advocate within Parker by acting as the liaison and facilitator for the resolution of issues regarding any aspect of Parker support. Identifies technical, logistical, performance, or support issues with Parker products or services.
3. Ensures long-term profitable growth of military spares and repairs by working with Aftermarket Business Development Managers to develop and implement marketing plans and strategies.
4. Identifies new business opportunities through identification and closure of major customer issues. Ability to translate customer requirements into proposals that are priced to win and provide acceptable profits to meet company guidelines is required.
5. Responsible for meeting sales and order targets for portfolio of customers identified and assigned. Capable of obtaining customer intel/forecasts and translating that into division specific action plans as it relates to FY plan and outlook
6. Owns customer scorecard performance metrics (delivery TAT, quality / quarantined events, warranty adjudication, reliability, customer service) and partners with the quality, service centers, reliability, customer service engineering, field service, and divisions to maintain a high level of operational performance.
7. Compiles and analyzes statistical data on past sales and trends to forecast future trends and market changes. Owns the customer forecasts.
8. Complies with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions (e.g. export compliance).
9. Responsible for determining Likelihood to Recommend (LTR) baseline at Premier and Select customers and increasing metrics year over year. Evaluate, recommend, and implement strategies to increase customer satisfaction.
10. Serves as a customer expert and resource – i.e. “owns” the VOC to CSO and Divisions.
11. Responsible for leading face to face customer reviews. Prepares all presentations needed for face to face reviews by partnering with technical / service center teams, Quality and Business Development.
12. Prepares and gives presentations to management on matters concerning military spares and repairs planning and analysis, changing business environment, technology and innovation at key customers, competitors, or market segment.
13. Supports contractual performance auditing to confirm adherence of key contractual terms.
14. Maintains a level of technical knowledge of existing and new products, including cost reduction and production methods for developing current and new accounts. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending seminars, reviewing trade and technical publications, establishing networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
15. Identify competitive threats and work with Business Development to develop and lead efforts to defend accounts from competitors.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Engineering, or related field. MBA preferred.
Ten or more years of progressive marketing experience in high technology industry; specific pricing strategy experience may be required.
Advanced, specialized knowledge of principles, industry practices, product and technical aspects of the business regulations, and policies related to marketing aerospace components and systems and marketing practices.
Strong analytical and quantitative skills; proficient with modeling and accessing data from various systems and sources. Ability to substantiate pricing alternatives and trends.
Project management skills and ability to lead and facilitate diverse teams.
Negotiation skills and judgement; must be able to maintain customer confidence and protect operations working with confidential data.
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and peer organizations.
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word or PDF format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Job ID 11602. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is recommended.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.